// YOUR MISSION AT PICUS
With the Head of Platform, we are looking for a person to lead our work on running and continuously improving this core area of our organization. In this context, you will be working closely with our global team, the extended Picus community and are in charge to build up a dedicated platform team that allows you to deliver on your responsibilities. Key aspects of your area of responsibility include:
Picus Network & Community:
Full responsibility to manage & nurture our global Picus network & community (incl. founders, investors, experts, scouts etc.), unlocking its full potential by always having the right person at hand when needed
Management & extension of our venture network & scout programs (venture scouts, venture partners, expert partners & student venture partners)
Conceptualization of community events, workshops & knowledge sharing sessions among our portfolio companies & external partners
Set-up & further development of strategic partnerships, initiatives & collaborations for Picus with accelerators, incubators, research institutions etc.
Full responsibility to design, implement & monitor Picus' global portfolio management processes including fundraising support, strategy sessions, recruiting support and knowledge sharing
Close collaboration with our investment team & the portfolio founders to bring their venture on the next level
Identification of key value-add areas and actively developing this support further
Knowledge & Content:
Design, set-up & further develop our internal & external knowledge databases, such as our Picus Founder Intranet, including the provision of relevant resources & content to our portfolio companies
Conceptualization, development & management of data driven content pieces / reports (e.g. Picus Impact Report) about our impact we have on the ecosystem as well as our portfolio companies
It is our quest to establish Picus as the go-to entrepreneurial sparring partner and investor globally! To achieve this ambitious goal, we are building a trusted network & community, provide the best possible support to our portfolio companies and perform well-informed decisions. The Picus platform is the central aggregator and facilitator of all these operational activities and one of the most critical functions within our firm. The plattform team, in close collaboration with the broader Picus team, continuously seeks to find the best ways to support our portfolio, by leveraging the network, expertise and resources we have within the community and serves as a facilitator for constant exchange among all stakeholders.
// ABOUT PICUS
Picus Capital is a leading early-stage technology investor operating globally. We partner with ambitious and daring founding teams on their quest to build category-defining technology firms. We aim to be an entrepreneurial sparring partner for visionary founders from ideation to IPO and beyond. A privately financed structure enables us to invest permanent, flexible and long-term capital in a multitude of sectors.
Our young and hungry team has big ambitions and is unique in how we mirror the founders we work with, constantly reimagining the status quo. We strive to provide the best possible support to positively impact a venture's long-term success. Our perspective is global and diverse as we operate as a single aligned team across offices in Munich, Berlin, London, New York, Bangalore, Beijing and Stockholm. We believe in technological disruption across all geographies and industries and are guided by our own continuously-challenged hypotheses. At Picus, we share the mindset of an entrepreneur and actively drive the change we envision to see in the world.
// ABOUT YOU
- You are used to working in a high-paced environment with often high ambiguity, quick changes and moving targets.
- You are an open, communicative, and proactive person, but, most importantly, you are fun to work with. We enable you to reach new heights and want you to be eager and excited.
- You thrive in rethinking and challenging our status-quo and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have relentless drive to enable founders across the world to help them build category leading companies by offering them the best support package possible.
- You have 5+ years of working experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, either in a startup or on the investor side at a VC, accelerator or incubator, and are used to managing multiple stakeholders. Prior experience in adjacent high pace environment such as strategy consulting is highly appreciated.
- You managed complex projects, involving internal & external stakeholders before and are familiar with having end-to-end ownership from an initial set-up and design over a successful implementation to continuous maintenance of programs.
- You bring first leadership experience and are a great team player, who is willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done as a team.
- You love to meet and engage other people, build communities and develop them into lively ecosystems and have outstanding communication skills, both written & verbally, in English (German is a plus).
Mindset & Passion:
- We believe in passionate ownership and seek people who thrive in a dynamic environment with maximum ownership and responsibility. Each member of the team is excited by our mission and those who thrive in this environment have a hunger for technology investing and exploring real entrepreneurship.
- We’re seeking new team members who are genuinely excited to fulfill our mission.
// YOUR BENEFITS AT PICUS
Global network: Engage in conversations with exceptional founders, experts and other stakeholders in the tech ecosystem. As part of these efforts, you will build and maintain a valuable personal network across the globe.
Culture: We have an ambitious, entrepreneurial and caring company culture with very high standards, enabling you to take full responsibility early on. You will continuously interact with a global team, collaborate with colleagues across 7 offices and learn about each region’s ecosystems.
Personal mentor: During the onboarding process you will receive a personal mentor at Picus who will provide guidance and support as part of regular mentoring sessions.
Educational leave program: You want to do a master‘s degree or MBA after a few years of work experience? No problem - our educational leave program will financially support you on your way.
Learning & Development: Regular formal 360° feedback processes and a training budget of 3000 EUR per year will be provided to support your personal development at Picus.