Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
We take a Technology-First approach and have a commitment to developing new tools for digital publishers to reach their audience. Our innovative technology, including PWAs, SEO and engagement tools, monetization and experimentation makes us proud of what we can offer to our clients: faster speeds, greater performance, and worldwide distribution.
Our team now has more than 180 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
At Marfeel, we are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Visual Designer to imagine, prototype, iterate and optimize the next generation of mobile digital reading experience. We’re looking for someone who values user experiences that are creative, seamless, effective, thoughtful and always delightful for our varied audiences.
As a part of our Design Team, you’ll weave iconography, typography, color, space, and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. You’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Marfeel design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use. We're interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
There are so many fun and creative ideas that are waiting to be designed and built. If you feel like Visual Designer with lot of potential, love designing great user interfaces and you want to leave your mark on the future reading experiences then Marfeel is the place to be.
Our headquarters are based in sunny Barcelona and our office has a huge terrace to enjoy.
This is you:
As a senior UI designer, you will be expected to lead and oversee the company’s entire UI strategy. Together with the UX team, you’ll be responsible for building and implementing a design thinking culture.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience.
- Expert knowledge of UI design principles and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI.
- People might hear you say this in the wild: “The kerning is off and the button should be 1 pixel to the left!”
- You sweat the small details that others overlook and adjust every single pixel to ensure that the end result is perfect.
- You are the final arbiter of good taste.
- You own the color palette, grid, typography, layout, icon style, and visual and branding assets in the user interface.
- You enjoy creating the visual expression of the brand as the company wants to see themselves.
- You understand how people see and process information and use that understanding to create designs that are easy to comprehend and are comfortable to “live” in.
- You understand that visual adornment is meant to support the experience, and not be the experience.
- How something looks should be serving how it works. You can’t separate visual design from interaction design (loops, state changes, changes in data, …)
- You have the ability to refine other people's ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Eager for knowledge and self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-evolving environment
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- You avoid creating products that are “overdesigned”, where the product is so decorated that the user cannot fully enjoy the experience.
- You have a regular practice of creating and exploring different design directions for every design decision.
- Your life guideline is “Less is More”.
- Clean, flat, mobile and responsive design is your middle name.
- Your first steps in design world were with Photoshop, but now you can’t live without Sketch.
- International team player.
- Lots of stamina and passion, you get bored if you don't have anything to do.
- Motivated, driven, and works well independently and with a team
- Hands-on and proactive.
- Fluent English it’s a must.
To be considered for this position, you MUST submit a digital portfolio of work or your web, along with your resume.
We will be impressed with:
- An outstanding portfolio featuring examples of graphic, visual or interactive design in the reading, magazine, newspapers field.
- Examples of designs using microinteractions.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS or React
- Work on all company visual design projects including in-app graphics, iconography, marketing communications, and brand.
- Work with engineers and user experience designers to produce concepts and ideas using multiple mediums including sketches, prototypes, and digital tools.
- Manage design libraries and design systems with adherence to product branding requirements.
- Maintain and update the design and identity guidelines for all Marfeel brand assets and materials.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team.
- Produce high-quality visual designs–from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials).
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and inject beauty and life into a product.
- Oversee the development and delivery of effective user interfaces.
- Produce pristine visual designs by pushing creative limits
- Communicate effectively and present ideas and designs effectively, so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Work and simultaneously manage multiple projects, including a digital analytics team to assess the impact of all UI design and usability changes.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Stay on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
Free language and yoga classes at the office
Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you