Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
We take a Technology-First approach and have a commitment to developing new tools for digital publishers to reach their audience. Our innovative technology, including PWAs, SEO and engagement tools, monetization and experimentation makes us proud of what we can offer to our clients: faster speeds, greater performance, and worldwide distribution.
Our team now has more than 180 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
This is you:
- Your life begins and ends with a slash.
- You understand iterative development and a day without pushing code makes you sad.
- You’re not afraid to crack open an existing code base and bend it to your will.
- “Self Starter” is your middle name. You can take or come up with a high-level idea and run with it.
- You can’t imagine your life without a whiteboard, open-source boards and definitely CODE.
- You know the importance of being part of a universe where all the departments need each other and work together for a mutual goal. Your communication shows both tech and functional command of what you’re doing.
- As a software craftsperson you will advocate and practice pair-programming, test-driven development, refactoring, collective-code ownership and continuous integration.
- You care about online news and user experience.
- You are an international team player.
- You are eager for knowledge.
- You have lots of energy and you get bored if you have nothing to do.
- You are hands-on and proactive.
- You are fluent in English (this is a must).
- You can solve technical problems equally well with OO, DOM oriented, or functional JS.
- You have a solid understanding of the web technology stack (i.e. headers, cookies, cross-domain restrictions, https, caching, optimization opportunities, hardware acceleration, junk and scroll performance, etc.).
- You have demonstrable experience with cross-browser JS and CSS development.
- You have experience with client-side site development in JS.
- You have a solid understanding of HTML5 tags - functions and intent.
We will be impressed if:
- You have experience with:
- Webpack, SASS and Jasmine.
- more recent web technologies (i.e. localStorage, geolocation, CSS transitions and transformations).
- Google Analytics.
- You have experience with various AWS services and understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud.
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
Free language and yoga classes at the office
Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you