Who are we:
Be part of Marfeel, one of the hottest European start-up companies in the mobile ad-tech world. Named as Wired Magazine’s 2015 Top 100 Startups, Inc.5000 nº 1 Fastest Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain in 2017, and 16th out of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in 2018. We are recommended at the very top by Google itself for our mobile design solution. Together with our partners we have over 6 billion worldwide readers and over 20 billion page views. Our headquarters are based in sunny Barcelona.
Certified Google Publishing Partner
Certified Facebook Instant Articles Official Partner
We are looking for a highly energetic and passionate SysOps to be part of the Marfeel Revolution.
As a Senior SysOps you will be responsible for the evolution of the current infrastructure based on AWS and GCP being an active actor within the Operations team. You will manage our cloud infrastructure, build-server farms, clusters, provide environment updates and alerts definition.
You will be responsible for our infrastructure that supports more than 80 deployments every day including:
- Elasticsearch cluster with ingest rate of 1TB / Day
- Jenkins Dockerized Pipelines with 7 nodes with Master / Slave architecture
- CDN using Varnish with an Origin / Shield architecture completely managed through Ansible
- AWS & GC Cloud Infrastructure supporting 600 million visits / month
- Mongo replicaset with 30K reqs / s
We have 600 million visits, over 2 billion page views and we are scaling with the minimum number of servers possible. Challenge accepted?
This is you:
- You are a methodical type of person and "Doer" is your middle name.
- Your friends tell you that you can't leave anything undone and quality is your priority.
- You feel like you have a mission, not just a task.
- You love new things and you can take or come up with a high-level idea and run with it.
- You're always curious about what’s out there in the open-source world, you love to evaluate it and make decisions.
- You know the importance of being part of a universe where all the departments need each other and work together for a mutual goal.
- You can communicate with technical and non-technical people alike to show both technical and functional command of what you are doing.
- You are motivated and excited by solving tech challenges and contributing to a team in a truly cutting-edge environment.
- You care about online news and user experience.
- You are definitely a technology enthusiast.
- You are an international team player.
- You are eager for knowledge.
- You have lots of stamina and you get bored if you don't have anything to do.
- You are hands-on and proactive.
- You are fluent in English (it’s a must).
You must have:
- At least 5 years of experience managing high traffic web infrastructures.
- Understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud and having experience in various cloud providers.
- Experience on applying software engineering to Infrastructure-As-Code projects.
- The ability to write scripts to speed up and simplify system maintenance processes (BASH, Python, Perl, ...).
- A feeling of being at home with web, proxy and application servers (Apache, Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Jetty, Tomcat, ...).
- Used to managing services with orchestration tools (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, …)
- Hands-on experience on NoSQL solutions (ElasticSearch, Mongo, Prometheus…)
- Complete understanding of container technologies and how to apply to reduce DevEx complexity following the DevOps practices (Kubernetes, ECS, ...).
- Experience managing deployment technologies (Jenkins-ci, Travis-ci, GitLab...)
- Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration workflows.
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Working on an international, multicultural and talented team and enjoying our sunny terrace.
- We have more than 30 nationalities so you will not get lost in translation.
- Flexible working-time.
- Free commodities (coffee, tea, juices, etc).
- Ping-pong, Mario Kart and foosball tournaments.
- Free language and yoga classes
- Team building events!
- Transport, restaurant and kindergarten tickets.
- Training, books and all you need to feel empowered.
- And a Referral Bonus if you bring other talented people like you.