Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
We take a Technology-First approach and have a commitment to developing new tools for digital publishers to reach their audience. Our innovative technology, including PWAs, SEO and engagement tools, monetization and experimentation makes us proud of what we can offer to our clients: faster speeds, greater performance, and worldwide distribution.
Our team now has more than 180 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
We are looking for a highly energetic and passionate SysOps to be part of the Marfeel Revolution.
As a Senior SysOps you will be responsible for the evolution of the current infrastructure based on AWS and GCP being an active actor within the Operations team. You will manage our cloud infrastructure, build-server farms, clusters, provide environment updates and alerts definition.
You will be responsible for our infrastructure that supports more than 80 deployments every day including:
- Elasticsearch cluster with ingest rate of 4TB / Day
- 8k req / s managed by Kubernetes clusters
- Jenkins Dockerized Pipelines with 7 nodes with Master / Slave architecture
- CDN using Varnish with an Origin / Shield architecture completely managed through Ansible
- AWS & GC Cloud Infrastructure supporting 900 million visits / month
- Mongo replicaset with 30K reqs / s
We have 900 million visits per month and over 2 billion page views, and we are scaling with the minimum number of servers possible. Challenge accepted?
This is you:
- You are a methodical type of person and "Doer" is your middle name.
- Your friends tell you that you can't leave anything undone and quality is your priority.
- You feel like you have a mission, not just a task.
- You love new things and you can take or come up with a high-level idea and run with it.
- You're always curious about what’s out there in the open-source world, you love to evaluate it and make decisions.
- You know the importance of being part of a universe where all the departments need each other and work together for a mutual goal.
- You can communicate with technical and non-technical people alike to show both technical and functional command of what you are doing.
- You are motivated and excited by solving tech challenges and contributing to a team in a truly cutting-edge environment.
- You care about online news and user experience.
- You are definitely a technology enthusiast.
- You are an international team player.
- You are eager for knowledge.
- You have lots of stamina and you get bored if you don't have anything to do.
- You are hands-on and proactive.
- You are fluent in English.
You must have:
- At least 5 years of experience managing high traffic web infrastructures.
- Hands-on experience on Kubernetes is needed.
- Programming skills - any language is welcome!
- Understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud and having experience in various cloud providers.
- Experience on applying software engineering to Infrastructure-As-Code projects.
- The ability to write scripts to speed up and simplify system maintenance processes (BASH, Python, Perl, ...).
- A feeling of being at home with web, proxy and application servers (Apache, Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Jetty, Tomcat, ...).
- Used to managing services with orchestration tools (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, …)
- Hands-on experience on NoSQL solutions (ElasticSearch, Mongo, Prometheus…)
- Complete understanding of container technologies and how to apply to reduce DevEx complexity following the DevOps practices (Kubernetes, ECS, ...).
- Experience managing deployment technologies (Jenkins-ci, Travis-ci, GitLab...)
- Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration workflows.
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
Free language and yoga classes at the office
Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you