Who we are:
Be part of Marfeel, one of the hottest European start-up companies in the mobile ad-tech world. Named as Wired Magazine’s 2015 Top 100 Startups, Inc.5000 nº 1 Fastest Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain in 2017, and 16th out of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in 2018. We are recommended at the very top by Google itself for our mobile design solution. Together with our partners, we have over 6 billion worldwide readers and over 20 billion page views. Our headquarters are based in sunny Barcelona.
Certified Google Publishing Partner
Certified Facebook Instant Articles Official Partner
As a Developer Advocate, you will be at the heart of Marfeel’s platform effort, guiding and growing our developer and partner networks. You are a star developer, but get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers because of your tech background. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, then come join the Marfeel Revolution!
This is you:
- You have minimum 2 years of experience in software development and a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline. It’s a must!
- You have a solid understanding of the web technology stack (i.e. headers, cookies, cross-domain restrictions, https, caching, optimization opportunities, hardware acceleration, junk and scroll performance etc.)
- You love prototyping and developing new integrations. You have built and consumed numerous APIs
- Developing resources to support a developer platform (ie. documentation, tutorials, demos) is child’s play
- You have experience working in developer relations, developer advocacy, developer evangelism, developer community management, or a related field
- You have superior written & oral communication skills, and speaking to both technical and business audiences is a breeze
- You are a master at writing technical content and explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, on calls or other channels
- You are comfortable making project recommendations and have a portfolio of new developer initiatives ready to go
- You have a knack for storytelling and building engaged, thriving user communities and you can prove it with an extensive network
- You love to travel and work autonomously
- Proficiency in English and Spanish will be valuable.
This is what you will do:
- You will help us deliver world-class developer experience
- Advocate for the needs of developers within Marfeel and share feedback received from developers with Marfeel product teams
- Write about & advocate for “the art of the possible” techniques used inside Marfeel around performance
- Promote the platform and engage with developers, directly and via online communities eg. GitHub, Twitter, Slack, StackOverflow, Reddit, W3Schools, Medium, MDN, etc.
- You will connect with developers to share knowledge about the Marfeel Platform and attract the best developers that you meet on the way to work with us
- You will share your technical expertise by giving talks and conducting internal & external training sessions to evangelize our developer experience
- You will be a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows & press events to develop your network further
- You will become the face of Marfeel by delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to increase our visibility in the developer community
- You will create screencasts, white papers, and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Help define Marfeel’s developer relations strategy with the product & marketing teams, including crafting content strategy and identifying impactful developer events to attend
- Identify and establish long-lasting relationships with potential partnerships
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Working in an international, multicultural and talented team and enjoying our sunny terrace.
- We have more than 30 nationalities so you will not get lost in translation.
- Flexible working time.
- Free commodities (coffee, tea, juices, etc).
- Ping-pong, Mario Kart and foosball tournaments.
- Free language and yoga classes.
- Team building events!
- Transport, restaurant and kindergarten tickets.
- Training, books and all you need to feel empowered.
- And a Referral Bonus if you bring other talented people like you.