Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
We take a Technology-First approach and have a commitment to developing new tools for digital publishers to reach their audience. Our innovative technology, including PWAs, SEO and engagement tools, monetization and experimentation makes us proud of what we can offer to our clients: faster speeds, greater performance, and worldwide distribution.
Our team now has more than 180 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
This is you:
- You live for iterative development; a day without pushing code makes you sad
- You’re not afraid to crack open an existing code base and bend it to your will
- You were born a self-starter; you can take or come up with a high-level idea and run with it until it's done
- You have lots of energy and get bored if you've got nothing to do
- You're eternally curious and hungry for knowledge
- You're a team player, and know the importance of working with both tech and non-tech departments in order to achieve goals
- You like doing things hands-on and understanding things inside out
- You're experienced in the art of building web products that work at massive scale
- You're not a programmer, you're see your work as a craft
- You love these things: pair-programming, test-driven development, refactoring, collective-code ownership, continuous integration
This is you:
- Can solve technical problems equally well with OO, DOM oriented, or functional JS
- Ability to develop server & client side in a end-to-end
- Solid understanding of the web technology stack (i.e. headers, cookies, cross-domain restrictions, https, caching, optimization opportunities, hardware acceleration, junk and scroll performance, etc.)
- More than 2 years of experience building software that works at web scale
- Demonstrable experience with cross-browser JS and CSS development
- Solid understanding of HTML5 tags (functions and intent)
- Experience developing web architectures with Java and the Spring framework
- You have strong experience in REST, Spring IoC, Spring MVC, Spring Data.
- You are familiar with parallel code execution.
- You are well versed in clean code and practices such as code by intent.
- Familiarity with testing libraries like JUnit, Mockito and integration testing
We will be further impressed if you have:
- Experience with RequireJS, SASS and Jasmine
- Knowledge/experience with ReactJS
- Any understanding or experience with AngularJS
- Experience with AdServing
- Any knowledge of Spring Security
- You have experience with various AWS services and understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud.
- Deployment technologies
- Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, Quartz
- Experience with more recent web technologies (i.e. localStorage, geolocation, CSS transitions and transformations)
- Experience with GoogleAnalytics
- Experience with AdServing
- Experience with various AWS services and understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
- Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
- Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
- Free language and yoga classes at the office
- Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
- Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
- Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
- Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
- Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you