Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 500 publishers distributed all over the world use Marfeel to serve almost half a billion mobile sessions, every month.
We take a Technology-First approach and have a commitment to developing new tools for digital publishers to reach their audience. Our innovative technology, including PWAs, SEO and engagement tools, monetization and experimentation makes us proud of what we can offer to our clients: faster speeds, greater performance, and worldwide distribution.
The launch of Marfeel Compass in 2021 is the beginning of a new chapter. Marfeel Compass brings the data-driven revolution to newsrooms everywhere. Our tool provides our customers with the data they need in real time, giving them the edge to make informed decisions and drive their audience growth and engagement.
Our international team is made up of over 25 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and a team in Bogotá, our amazing people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class products, and we’re still innovating.
As a Senior SysOps you will be responsible for the evolution of the current infrastructure based on a hybrid cloud (AWS and GCP) and on-premise approach being an active actor within the Operations team. You will manage our k8s global distributed clusters, cloud infrastructure, build-server farms, databases clusters, provide environment updates and alerts definition.
You will be responsible for our infrastructure that supports hundreds of deployments every day including:
- On-Premise and cloud Kubernetes clusters that manages more than 1 Million requests every minute
- Elasticsearch cluster with ingest rate of 4TB / Day at a pace of 40k/s requests
- Jenkins Dockerized Pipelines with 20 nodes with Master / Slave architecture
- CDN using Varnish with an Origin / Shield architecture completely managed through Ansible
- AWS & GC Cloud Infrastructure supporting almost half a billion visits every month
- Heterogeneous high-traffic databases clusters (Mongo, clickhouse, keydb, Mysql among others)
This is you:
- 5+ years of experience managing high-traffic web infrastructures
- Expert in Kubernetes (istio and on-premise experience is a plus)
- Experience applying software engineering to IaC (Ansible and Terraform are just the tools that we use, Clean-Code mentality is the way)
- Gitops mindset and experience with deployment technologies at scale (Argocd, Jenkins-ci, Travis-ci, GitLab)
- Can write scripts with languages like Bash, Python, Perl
- Worked on NoSQL solutions, such as Elastic, Mongo, Prometheus, Clickhouse, KeyDB
- Web, proxy and application servers knowledge, like Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Tomcat
- Understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud
- Programming skills - any language is welcome!
- Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration workflows.
- Motivated and excited by solving tech challenges and contributing to a team in a truly cutting-edge environment
- Always curious about what’s out there in the open-source world, you love to evaluate it and make decisions
- Aware of the importance of working together with other departments
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical people alike
- An international team player, a technology enthusiast, eager for knowledge
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
- Unlimited office refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Hybrid work options and support with your home office
- Free language and personal training classes at the office/online
- Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
- Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
- Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
- Extra loyalty vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
- Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you