Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
Since our beginning in 2011, Marfeel has been recognized by Inc5000 as the nº 1 Fastest-Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain and was named as one of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in both 2017 and 2018. As a Google Certified Publishing Partner, we were recently awarded a Google Innovation prize for our work designing and producing new publishing innovations.
Our team now has more than 180 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, motivated and detail-oriented Legal and Finance Associate to join our growing team. This role will have a focus on all legal matters related to Marfeel but you will also provide support for a wide variety of finance tasks.
This is what you will do:
- You will be supporting with all types of legal aspects within the company such as customer contracts updates, relationship with external lawyers, support with international legal matters, GDPR, CCPA updates…
- You are familiar with Corporate Governance procedures and you will manage all related issues.
- You will be the key point of contact for other internal departments related to all legal matters.
- You will assist the team with other financial tasks including monthly reporting process, key financial data, internet metrics, annual audits, public soft loans, grants, credits and deductions achievement.
This is you:
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience working in a legal department or law firm.
- You have a university degree in law or finance/business administration/economics. If you have a double degree, this will be highly valued.
- You are also willing to learn how a finance and legal department works and you want to grow in it.
- You have solid basic skills working with Excel.
- You are a methodical person with a very high attention to detail (you can't do it any other way).
- You’re very responsible and you never miss meeting your deadlines.
- Most importantly, you feel passionate about technology and you love working in a startup environment.
- You are bilingual in English and Spanish. Our working language is English.
We will be further impressed if you have:
- Some knowledge of business taxation.
- Any knowledge or experience working with GDPR or other relevant personal data regulations.
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
- Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
- Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
- Free language and yoga classes at the office
- Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
- Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
- Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
- Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
- Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you