Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, The Washington Times, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
Since our beginning in 2011, Marfeel has been recognized by Inc5000 as the nº 1 Fastest-Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain and was named as one of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in both 2017 and 2018. As a Google Certified Publishing Partner, we were recently awarded a Google Innovation prize for our work designing and producing new publishing innovations.
Our team now has more than 190 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
As the Head of Account Management you will lead our global team of account managers with the mission to manage customer satisfaction, drive retention and expansion for our more relevant customers. You will be responsible for meeting retention and growth targets, as well as performing a leading role in alignment with other teams, such as Sales, Support and Product. Building the right team, targets and processes will be your compass to everything you do in the company.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the organisational skills to meet the demands of working within and across different teams, then we need your energy to accompany us at Marfeel!
This is what you will do:
- Lead a team of 8-12 of international Account Managers, which includes hiring, onboarding new team members, fostering an environment of collaboration, and continually focusing on improvement and development
- Define individual targets for the team in order to achieve the company goals
- Constantly challenge the team and processes in order to deliver better outcomes to our colleagues, customers, and company
- Organize the team structure and balance their workload
- Improve and enforce the account manager's playbook
- Provide alignment with all account managers in Barcelona and Bogotá
- Continuously monitor and review team performance to spot potential improvement areas
- Work on all operational and strategic aspects to ensure delivery and performance, including technical set up, monitoring, analysis, up-selling, and retention
- Enforce and facilitate fluid relationships and feedback with other departments, including but not limited to the Onboarding team, Sales, Support and Product.
- Lead projects to improve efficiency and operating practices
- Own and maintain senior level relationships with our top customers
- Travel to visit customers and to attend to industry events (up to 15% of your time)
This is you:
- +3 years of senior management experience in customer success, account management, or related customer-facing position within a start-up or rapidly growing technology company
- +3 years working in the SaaS / Publisher / Adtech industry
- People management and development skills; demonstrated leadership through accountability, continuous learning, and improvement; having managed 8-10 direct reports
- Possesses an innate sense of urgency to deliver for the business while also effectively working collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong analytical mindset and proven ability to turn data into action
- Negotiation is something that you love and that you’re strong at
- Embody strong account management skills; comfortable and seasoned in managing external partners and providing exceptional customer support to critical accounts
- Strong empathy for customers with the drive to impact revenue and growth
- Flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables and to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail, able to complete tasks quickly
- Proven success delivering results individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, demanding, high-growth environment
- Continuous improvement mentality with an ability to evaluate processes, seek out and implement internal or external best practices
- Possess a technical aptitude and a desire to learn the intricacies of the Marfeel solution and to leverage that knowledge to help customers.
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and relationship building skills
- Ability to interpret data and trends to derive valuable insights and make recommendations
- Fluent in English. Spanish, French or Portuguese will be very highly valued.
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
- Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
- Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
- Free language and yoga classes at the office
- Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
- Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
- Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
- Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
- Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you