Remote IT Director - International Software House
YourCode Group have been instructed to recruit a Remote IT Director, exclusively, for an international software house working on projects across Europe, the Middle East and Americas.
Our client has over 1,000 employees globally, specifically operating in product development, consulting, software architecture and R&D dedicated teams.
This position will be responsible for IT across a multi-team, multi-project setup, working alongside the other IT Directors across alternative regions.
Role & Theory:
- Designing and influencing modern architecture, focusing on enterprise, solution and network architecture
- Deep knowledge of ITIL, ISO20000, ISO27001 or SOC2
- Techniques and deep principle understanding of system development lifecycles, both technical and process sides.
- Key understanding of technical problem solving
- Understanding of service management processes
- Strong analytical skills, focussing on bridging the technical & commercial requirements through BA principles, methodologies and user stories
- Experience of project/programme management methodologies and implementation (auditing, reviewing, and improvement)
- P&L management, budgeting & cost reduction activities
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced English, additional languages would be beneficial but not required
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent consultancy skills, with an ability to influence in all directions (inc commercially focused)
- Ability to lead conversations relating to smart and data-driven decisions
- Strong commercial acumen and operational mindset
- Ability to deliver with minimal supervision in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Ideally experience running cross functional departments
- Preparation of reporting through presentations, analytics and data driven insights with further communication to c-suite
- Strong conflict management skills with internal and 3rd party stakeholders (able to address challenges directly in a constructive manner in order to resolve issues quickly)
- Ability to develop a good rapport with all the stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing priorities, demands, and timelines
- Good negotiation skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in remote team building and mentoring
- BSc degree or higher in Computer Science or similar
- MBA would be a plus
- Any of the following CGEIT, PMP, ITIL, COBIT, Six Sigma, TOGAF certifications would be beneficial
- Determined to succeed, strategic thinking
- A proactive individual able to motivate himself and others
- Big-picture thinking, self-discipline, self-assurance, and competitive drive
- Self-confident, comfortable communicating with executive management, cross-functional teams
- Collaborative, appreciative style of management and engagement with others
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong sense of both technical and business ownership
- Real accountability – consistently deliver on commitments
- Critical thinking
- The vision for the IT Departments
- Technological strategy inline with company & client objectives
- End to end consultancy from the initial proposal to final transition into BAU
- Company policy for the management of live technical services and test environments
- System design activities for large blue chip & corporate development programs, including effective implementation and procurement strategies
- Introduction of new technologies
- Organisational structure of various IT teams within your department
- Personal development within the IT department, in line with business needs and strategic direction
- Project delivery inline with SLAs, ensuring completion on time and to budget (whilst being cost-effective for the end customer).
- Financial strategy and budget assessment for your IT Department, both CAPEX and OPEX
- The approach to commercial communication, 3rd party management and relationship management between suppliers.
- Internal and external audits
Please contact Josh Dixon to discuss further.
- 6-figure salary plus additional supporting package
- Fully remote working (no office requirements at all)
- Direction of all new technologies within the department
- Completing projects from scratch
- Dynamic, fast paced environment
- Health/Medical insurance