Director of European Software Engineering
Krakow, Poland (or Remote, Poland)
Manufacturing & Energy
Permanent - Full Time
YourCode Group are delighted to have been awarded the agreement to recruit a Director of European Software Engineering for an international manufacturing organisation that operates within the digital energy solutions market.
This role will be a Director level position and will be accountable for the digital energy solutions for a number of IoT and Cloud solutions across Europe. Working directly from the Krakow office, or remotely, you will lead the vision and strategy for the digital solutions team and ensure that the operational & commercial goals are executed. By partnering with the wider product development functions, you will ensure that the product team is aligned to solve complex market problems, addresses customers requirements and general innovation.
We are looking to recruit an entrepreneurial leader who has the capability to lead in a collaborative and delivery focused spirit, focussing on exponential growth across the global organisations.
To be successful in this position:
- You should have significant experience as a Leader within Engineering/IT, confident managing complex, highly-technical and futuristic projects with an additional understanding of how to build new products from the research phase.
- Leading vision, strategy and the operational development for the cloud platform.
- Driving best practices within the engineering department to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality
products that meet or exceed the customer expectations
- Contributing to strategy for future development projects (solutions, products and features) based on the
company’s overall objectives and resources optimising and driving engineering excellence.
- Leading the global engineering team which includes developers, product owners, scrum masters and first line
managers, via Site Leads in each location.
- Building a high-performance computing team aligned to the culture of achieving excellence.
- Providing exceptional leadership to drive performance and continually improve efficiency and
- Collaborating with cross functional departments to ensure alignment of customer product requirements, product road maps and product development.
- Accountable for the site operation in Europe including the engagement of our Krakow site-based
- Accountable for budget, resource management and operational responsibility including setting goals, budgets and timelines for Krakow site, our projects and our team members.
Work experience requirements:
- Understand Fuel Retail industry trends, customer segments, competitive landscape and needs or
- Subject matter expertise in Digital Transformation.
- Demonstrated success in developing new products and optimizing a portfolio of products globally.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional global teams in
multiple time zones.
- Experience of team transformation to a scalable high performing team.
- Extensive experience in leading Agile software development teams.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering software products as an Engineer.
- Leadership of a technical team for at least 5 years at Director level.
- Specific experience of leading Dev Ops & Test Automation.
- 15+ years-experience defining/planning/developing complex software applications preferably including both cloud-based SaaS and Windows/Linux client applications
- Experience in Windows, .NET, C#, Visual Studio, Jira, Mobile, and Azure development environments.
- Familiar with opensource or community source management.
- Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
The candidate should also possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills having a high comfort level interacting with executive teams,
partners and customers; both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; developing high performing team, cross-functional teams and
influencing across hierarchies.
- Strong business acumen.
- General management skills
- Demonstrated complex project management experience
- Have a customer driven mindset and aptitude for engineering excellence
- Strong profitable growth orientation
- Strong team player as candidate will work with the entire organization through different
procedures and processes.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite and Project products.