Does the idea of working within a modern environment, with cutting-edge technologies sound good to you?
Do you want to solve exciting problems within the fast-paced gaming industry?
YourCode is currently supporting a well-established gaming corporation looking to expand their team by adding a Senior Scala Developer to be part of their team in Leeds. Working directly with the business, in an agile team, you will deliver high-quality, customer-focused,technical solutions to exceed the customer's expectations, participating in all phases of the
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code;
- Maintaining automated unit and integration test cases;
- Leading and mentoring team members through code reviews and feature design;
- Driving software development practices into the group with passion and enthusiasm;
Key skills required:
- Senior level hands-on software development experience (Scala);
- Willingness to learn and write code in two programming languages, Scala and Java;
- Experience of leading database schema messaging design, preferably Cassandra and Kafka;
- Familiarity with Scala libraries like ZIO, Cats/ScalaZ, Akka-HTTP/Http4s, Alpakka or Akka
- Experience of Object-Oriented or functional analysis and design using common design patterns;
- Experience in building microservices exposing REST APIs;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Experience developing CI/CD automated solutions;
- Worked with agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, Kanban;
- Flexible approach to working;
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and a day for your birthday);
- Rewarding bonus scheme;
- Attractive pension package;
If you are interested in working with emerging technologies and highly-skilled people, then apply now!