Are you an influential leader who is an SME in your field, with deep technical expertise and a strong engineering background?
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge and the chance to be a game changer?
We are working with a devoted and progressive gaming company that is constantly evolving, and for this reason at present YourCode is supporting their growth by looking for a Head of Engineering to join the company's London office. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of the current and future stacks initiatives across the team while building, delivering, maintaining and continuously improving the tech stacks, with the aim of providing capability to grow current markets and launch to potential new markets in a flexible and cost-effective manner. As you will be responsible for both Software Engineering and DevOps within your team, you are looking at a multilateral role for a well-rounded individual.
- You will be a highly professional technology leader with a considerable track record in software development (still able and happy to code);
- You'll have a background in complex digital transformation initiatives spanning disparate technologies, geographical regions, integrations with legacy, 3rd party and new development components;
- With considerable breadth and depth of technology experience, particularly within a digital environment, you'll be able to work at both a platform architecture level and in a hands-on, “roll your sleeves” up way;
- The ability to work in a matrix environment, balancing the priorities of a range of stakeholders;
- You will have been a practitioner within the last 2 years and have experience of:
- Any cloud platform;
- CI/CD, DevOps, Toolchain, GIT;
- Shared contribution models and building libraries for use across enterprises;
- Delivering change to legacy platforms, not just creating new ones;
- Systems handling high numbers of transactions with low latency requirements;
- Web scaling application architectures;
- An additional set of personal qualities such as being results-driven with a passion for delivery, an innovative and resilient technologist, and possessing a positive, confident and collaborative approach;
- Flexible working pattern;
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and one day for your birthday);
- Rewarding bonus scheme;
- Attractive pension package;