Associate Marriage & Family Therapist (AMFT) or Associate Social Worker (ASW) – Remote
Joelle Rabow Maletis & Associates, Inc. (JRM&A), a Wonderbench client, offers multi-modalities trauma-informed therapeutic services to assist couples, families, children, and individuals develop in their unique personal journeys through compassionate, personalized counseling - as well as assisting in developing PTG. We believe that every person is unique and every situation different. That’s why we utilize individualized, interactive, and trauma-informed approaches. We work with C-Suite Google, Apple, Netflix as well as active duty, reservists, retirees (individuals, families, children, couples) and SF/SO teams; LEO/SWAT; and Veterans.
We're in-network with TriCare, Humana, TriWest, VA, MHN, EAP.
We specialize in helping clients with trauma-informed therapeutic models and presenting issues such as PTSD, combat trauma, eating disorders, addictions with co-occurring diagnoses, and a broad spectrum of other mental illnesses. We also help our clients overcome personal challenges, and we provide career coaching.
During this part-time Associate (pre-licensed), the Associate works with individual, couples, children, adolescents, and family therapy in the Mountain View-Los Altos area, under clinical supervisor and military psychology expert, Joelle Rabow Maletis, MA.Ed, MA, LMFT (CA; TX). The Associate supports clients to help them build on their strengths and to encourage personal growth with empathy, understanding, and empowerment, and, most of all, with compassion in a private practice setting.
The Associate will work up to 10-20 hours each week with each hour comprising of 50-minute client sessions and 10 minutes of clinical documentation; in addition to completing 2 hours of weekly group supervision, 1 hour of weekly training, 1 hour of administrative supervision (included in the job opportunity at no cost to Associate). The Associate will either work in a completely private remote environment or our Mountain View / Los Altos office.
What We’re Looking For
Applicants should be creative collaborators who want to advance JRM&A’s professional, compassionate, and understanding care that provides clients the personalized help they need to reach their personal growth goals.
Our therapeutic approach is interactive, client-centered, and solution-focused. Candidates should have specific skills and experiences, including:
- Received Master’s Science / Arts Degree in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or Marriage & Family Therapy. Masters of Social Work or Ph.D. acceptable ONLY IF Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Ph.D. partial hours signed off by another employer.
- Pre-Licensed - at Least 1.5 Years to California (CA) Licensing Exam w/ Existing CA Associate Registered Licensing # and in good-standing with the BBS of CA
- High competence and commitment to JRM&A mission and clinical therapy practice focus
- Experience working with crisis/trauma clients
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Clinical Literacy in 2nd language a plus
- Military, law enforcement, veteran community experience a plus
- Must have completed course work in Cultural competency, diversity-training, anti-racism experience/training in accordance with CA standards of practice
- DBT, CBT, Solution Focused Therapy and Trauma-Informed Therapeutic models skills a plus
What You’ll Do
- Provide therapeutic services to assist couples, families, children, and individuals develop in their unique personal journeys through compassionate, personalized counseling.
- Help clients with depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, combat trauma, eating disorders, and addictions with co-occurring diagnosis, as well as with a broad spectrum of other mental illnesses.
What You Can Expect
Joelle Rabow Maletis & Associates, Inc. (JRM&A), based in Mountain View, CA, offers a supportive working environment and fosters professional growth for its staff and community. This role is a remote role with an opportunity to participate in professional virtual events and further JRM&A’s delivery of compassionate and understanding care. Our Associates also enjoy these perks!
- Associates do not have to do their own billing or insurance filing. Associates do not have to pay Clinical Director fees.
- Associates will participate in group supervision and are given free training weekly.
- Associates are not expected to do any recruitment for clients.
Wonderbench is partnering with JRM&A to recruit for this position. We will evaluate applicants relative to the requirements. Additionally, we will use an assessment and video interview to assess job fit and qualifications. JRM&A will contact only those applicants who best meet the criteria for an interview. Wonderbench will retain your application materials and may contact you regarding future opportunities.
ABOUT JRM&A -
Joelle Rabow Maletis & Associates’s (https://joellerabowmaletis.com/) therapeutic services assist couples, families, children, and individuals develop in their unique personal journeys through compassionate, personalized counseling. We believe that every person is unique and every situation different. That’s why we utilize an individualized, interactive, and solution-focused approach.
Our approach integrates a variety of complementary therapeutic methods and counseling techniques to offer a highly-personalized approach to each of our clients. We specialize in helping clients with PTSD, combat trauma, eating disorders, addictions with co-occurring diagnosis, and a broad spectrum of other mental illnesses. We also help our clients overcome personal challenges, and we provide career coaching. We are located at 1061 El Monte Avenue, Suite B, Mountain View, CA 94040.
Wonderbench (https://wonderbench.com/) ignites early careers and makes it easy for any organization to successfully recruit interns and new grads. We empower our clients to nimbly address current business issues while building a strong leadership bench for a better future.