Backed by world leading investors including Amazon’s Alexa Fund, Splash is building a new creator economy in the Metaverse with our AI-powered music tools and video games.
With over 150 million plays, Splash lets anyone perform amazing music to live virtual audiences, build a fan base and earn from their talent.
We are seeking a Game Designer to architect a thriving economy across our ecosystem, improving monetisation and long term player satisfaction and retention.
Your typical day:
Working closely with the CEO and Product Owners you will design, experiment and implement new economic systems and features; focusing on game progression, reward structures, metagame, currencies, sinks and sources to achieve balanced gameplay and drive monetisation growth.
- Designing and unifying our economy across our two multi-player games (Unreal Engine and Roblox Studio) and central marketplace
- Apply a deep understanding of player motivation to improve game mechanics while uplifting player experience and enjoyment
- Pricing strategies for items, collectibles and events to increase monetisation
- Assessing impacts of adding, removing or updating content on player engagement
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to improve overall player experience and long term retention
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience in designing video games with a focus on economy design and monetisation
- Strong understanding of game economy design, monetisation and metagame design
- Background in Game Design, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related fields
- Solid experience designing in Unreal, Unity or other game engines
- Proven ability to apply data analysis and statistical techniques
- Demonstrated success in executing design through to delivery of a software product (or game) both independently and with larger teams
- Ideally shipped multiplayer titles on console or PC
- A love for gaming
Why join us:
With the most advanced AI music capability in the world, this is a unique opportunity to join the growth phase of a game studio that is shaping the world of immersive virtual music experiences.
- Offering a competitive salary package
- Be part of a nimble, talented team that values initiative and imagination.. and who are obsessed with gaming and music!
- You get to choose how you work best - remote or from our office in Brisbane, Australia
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!