Tech Lead - Python
Applicants must have a minimum of 4 years of Experience
Location: Powai, Mumbai
About the company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, our client is a data science consulting company that creates custom visual analytics solutions across business verticals. There are 500+ employees currently working with them.
1) Technical leads to deliver value to clients by architecting robust data-driven visuals solutions and to the organization by building a high performance team.
3) A typical day involves collaborating with stakeholders (any of project managers, peer developers, consultants, analysts, quality analysts, clients) to understand business requirements and deliver value. Gramex applications are consumed in a varied set of ways: on different types of mobiles, desktops, tablets. For screenshots, PDFs or as a stand-alone web application. These applications involving data visualisation, good amount of analysis, and business context.
4) In a nutshell, this role is at the intersection of data science and software engineering practices.
Requirements and Duties:
1) Ability to architect solutions that can scale on data volume, user traffic with a Python stack.
2) Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
4) Understand how to optimize the delivery of code, static assets to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
5) Proficient in viewing layout and rendering of technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Know when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
6) Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Know when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., a-synchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
7) Technical leads are generally aligned to business verticals to build a core technical team and sustainable auxiliary practices. As part of the role, you are expected to:
8) Scale applications in terms of data volume or user traffic. Experience in dealing with such scenarios is a plus.
9) Drive sustainable initiatives and leveraging skills across teams, which strengthen the development process and build a high performance team.
10) Contribute to the code as required.
11) Handle server-side administration, and have solid debugging abilities to identify bottlenecks in the entire application flow.
12) Assist in application deployments on Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
13) Spend a non-trivial amount of time in stakeholder management including buiness clients and people mentoring. Mentoring involves grooming developers to become senior developers, senior developers to lead developers and lead developers to tech leads.
14) Develop domain skills over a period of time by adding value to your team.
15) We also welcome data hackers, tinkerers, enthusiasts in our path to better storytelling.
1) The client will offer you an inviting workplace, talented colleagues from diverse backgrounds, career path and steady growth prospects with great scope to innovate.
2) Their goal is to create an ecosystem of easily configurable data applications focused on storytelling for public and private use.