Senior Engineer - Electrical Transmission
Employment Type: Full-Time Experience: 6+ years
Job Type: Senior Engineer Manages Others: Yes
Licensure: PE Required Travel: <20%
Education: Bachelor's Degree
· Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
· Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments.
· Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
· Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
· Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
· Assists in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
· Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
· Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments.
· Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
· Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
· Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
· Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
· Requires proficient use of the English language, both verbal and written.
· Possesses advanced verbal and written communication skills.
· Represents SSE through communication at conferences pertaining to a broad aspect of engineering assignments.
· Experience: 6+ years.
· License or Certificate: Professional Engineer.
o Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
o Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.
· Professional Activities: Member of professional organization, member and/or officer of local related organization.
· Community Activities: Organizes and leads community service programs.
· Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and testing as assigned.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
· Competitive Wages.
· Paid PTO and Holidays (if eligible).
· 401(k) with Matching Funds (if eligible).
· Discretionary Bonuses (if eligible).
· Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurances (if eligible).
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
SSE is an EOE company. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States, an acceptable driving record, willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs. In addition to our focused work performance goals, SSE strives to provide intangible benefits including: a fun, friendly, and family-focused environment. We enjoy a humorous office, golf, sporting events, barbeques, and more. We feel that the success of the company is not solely based upon business, but also greatly on the value and quality of life that it provides to its employees.