Engineering Manager - Commercial Division
Employment Type: Full-Time Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Engineering Manager Manages Others: Yes
Licensure: PE, SE (Preferred) Required Travel: <25%
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree (Preferred)
· Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting his or her organization.
· Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
· Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
· Works on programs of limited complexity and scope.
· Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
· Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
· Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
· Supervises a staff of engineers and technicians.
· Plans, schedules, and/or coordinates the preparation of documents and/or activities for multiple major projects, or is responsible for an entire program of an organization.
· Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
· Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
· Requires proficient use of the English language, both verbal and written.
· Interacts regularly with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
· Leads project meetings and makes presentations.
· Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
· Experience: 10+ years.
· License or Certificate:
o Professional Engineer.
o Structural Engineer (Preferred).
o Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
o Master's Degree or Equivalent (Preferred).
o Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.
· Professional Activities: Member of professional organization, national board member or officer, and national technical or policy committee member.
· Community Activities: Organizes and leads community service programs; serves on local planning and/or policy board(s).
· Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and testing as assigned.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
· Competitive Wages.
· Paid PTO and Holidays (if eligible).
· 401(k) with Matching Funds (if eligible).
· Discretionary Bonuses (if eligible).
· Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurances (if eligible).
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
SSE is an EOE company. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States, an acceptable driving record, willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs. In addition to our focused work performance goals, SSE strives to provide intangible benefits including: a fun, friendly, and family-focused environment. We enjoy a humorous office, golf, sporting events, barbeques, and more. We feel that the success of the company is not solely based upon business, but also greatly on the value and quality of life that it provides to its employees.