Senior Structural Technician (Steel Detailer)
Employment Type: Full-Time Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Technician 4 Manages Others: Yes
Licensure: None Required Travel: <10%
Education: Associate degree or Equivalent Certification
· Possesses advanced knowledge and understanding of building concepts.
· Exhibits a high level of understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
· Undertakes independent responsible for the preparation of advanced drawings using relevant software for drafting/modeling.
· Serves as a senior member of an integrated design team and responsible for Drafting/BIM output along with other duties to meet project schedules and budgets.
· Applies advanced and diversified techniques and procedures in accordance with SSE established criteria to perform assigned tasks.
· Requires expert knowledge of AutoCAD and/or advanced knowledge of Revit.
· Completes all drawings as assigned.
· Monitors job site visits and works with clients as assigned.
· Manages work with engineers and other technicians to complete projects as assigned.
· Reviews and approves existing drawings.
· Reviews blueprints, plans, specifications, and other documentation if service is requested by the project engineer or project manager.
· Recognizes inaccuracies in drawings and brings them to the attention of the project lead.
· Assigns, delegates, and manages of other drafting staff on team.
· Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
· Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
· Requires proficient use of the English language, both verbal and written.
· Possesses advanced verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience: 10+ years.
· License or Certificate: None.
- Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD and/or Revit, drafting, or related field with experience using CAD and/or Revit software or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Professional Activities: Member of professional organization, chair of local related organization.
· Community Activities: Organizes and leads community service programs.
· Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and testing as assigned.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
· Competitive Wages.
· Paid Time Off and Holidays (if eligible).
· 401(k) with Matching Funds (if eligible).
· Discretionary Bonuses (if eligible).
· Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurances (if eligible).
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
SSE is an EOE company. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States, an acceptable driving record, willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs. In addition to our focused work performance goals, SSE strives to provide intangible benefits including: a fun, friendly, and family-focused environment. We enjoy a humorous office, golf, sporting events, barbeques, and more. We feel that the success of the company is not solely based upon business, but also greatly on the value and quality of life that it provides to its employees.