Technical Infrastructure Consultant - Xstore
OLR, an award-winning Oracle Partner, has over 20 years of experience in delivering and supporting international Retail Omni-channel systems for some of the world’s biggest brands. OLR specializes in working with Oracle’s Merchandising, Stores and Commerce suites providing Omni-channel solutions to our clients. As a trusted Systems Integration partner, we pride ourselves on the quality and expertise of our delivery.
OLR delivers projects on a global scale with offices located in London, Porto, Bangalore, Cleveland, and Minneapolis. OLR is passionate about delivering good quality code using standard methodology. OLR continually seeks to improve and as a result, while OLR’s methods are mature given the depth of experience and expertise within the business, the company’s approach is continually evolving with a focus on ways to improve and adapt to the new technologies.
Our teams consist of highly talented, well-disciplined, committed, capable professionals in their own discipline; self-organizing, adaptable, and cross-functional.
The Technical Infrastructure Consultant will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of Oracle Retail database and application servers. Upgrading/Migrating databases, application servers, and Oracle Retail Applications. At OLR we look to maintain up-to-date knowledge of Oracle Retail stores solutions features and remain at the forefront of industry best practices.
The Technical Infrastructure Consultant will apply their specialized expertise in the area of Stores to help deliver successful store-level solutions for clients. They will provide expertise in industry and process areas for the Oracle Retail suite and xstore products.
- Maintain Point-Of-Sale (POS) hardware and software
- Install and maintain Oracle Retail POS applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve POS application and hardware issues
- Build and maintain hardware staging image
- Maintain inventory of POS hardware for multiple clients
- Configure Jenkin build jobs
- Install and maintain database and application servers
- Install and maintain Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Support team members during testing process
- Gather and document requirements from clients
- Perform knowledge transfer to client personnel especially related to Oracle Retail and OLR applications and requirements
- Production support experience with databases (Oracle, SQL), application servers (Jetty, Tomcat)
- Experience with administration of Oracle Retail Suite or other enterprise applications
- Strong understanding of operating systems
- Experience integrating and supporting POS hardware
- Experience with Oracle Retail Xstore application
- Building and support staging images for hardware deployments
- Proven ability to work through SRs
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical issues
- Appetite to learn new technologies and constantly improve technical skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization
- Professional and strong interpersonal approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information
- Proficient in XML
- Proficient in Version Control
- Proficient in at least one recent programing language;
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related or 3+ years of related experience
- 3+ years development and/or systems integration experience preferred
- 3+ years in the Retail industry or an associated Retail IT field
- Proven experience with POS Hardware preferred
- Experience in Java and Python
Travel 0 - 50%