nugget.ai is recruiting and screening candidates on behalf of our client. nugget.ai will be responsible for application and screening processes, and if you’re selected, our client will be responsible for the interview stage of the hiring process.
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Hiring Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
About our client: Our client is a venture capital and applied research company that has created an adaptive and predictive analytics platform that aggregates disconnected data from the commercial farms to generate actionable advice on the application of crop inputs (pesticide, water, and nutrients) up to a week in advance.
Their team is comprised of agriculture research scientists, technology professionals, and agriculture economics specialists. Their solution has enabled farmers to reduce pesticide usage by an average of 25% without any crop losses and apply sustainable agriculture practices across Canada and the United States. As they continue to grow at a fast pace, you will have a direct impact on bringing innovative predictive analytics solutions to the agriculture industry.
Our Client’s Culture:
Our client strives to create an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and transparency. You’ll always know what everyone is doing and how your contribution is helping them achieve their mission.
The team values that they live by every day are:
- Constant Learning
- Extreme Ownership
What defines them?
- Sustainability Consciousness
- Impact Driven Mission
About the Role: As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be leading the Frontend team. You will own the web and native mobile applications for various products, including a Customer Dashboard and Account Management App. You will spend your time with the frontend developer team designing the development strategy, application framework, and technical specs required to deliver the products on time. You will also work closely with the Product, Design, Science, and Backend teams to ensure the product is delivered to spec.
- Strong collaboration across teams with different priorities and constraints
- Mentoring junior members in technical and non-technical aspects of software development
- Identifying opportunities for improving the product, such as technical optimization, design improvements, increased security, etc
- Prioritizing features under strict time constraints
- Clear and concise technical documentation when writing and delegating work
- Empathetic written and verbal communication for working in a high-collaboration team environment
- Adapting and accelerating creative solutions that demonstrate value quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Defining a clear bar for quality release (testing and product acceptance standards)
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team alongside backend developers, UX/UI designers, and product managers to meet a variety of specifications and constraints
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- State management patterns (Vuex, Redux, Flux, etc) and automated testing suites (Jest, Mocha, etc)
- Mentoring junior frontend developers in best practices, including code quality, documentation, and unit testing
- Conducting code reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Scaling web/mobile applications while considering security and technical optimization
- Using analytics tools to answer behavioural questions and drive design decisions (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc)
- Writing and delegating tickets in project management software such as Jira
- Writing technical (eg. code standards) and product-level (eg. end-user wiki) documentation in software such as Confluence
- Estimating feature and project timelines
- Familiarity with source code management (git/etc), remote build tools and CI/CD pipelines
- 5+ years experience in web development building SPAs
- Strong explanatory, collaborative and documentation skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience working in an iterative, agile technology product development environment
- Experience with design thinking and lean methodology
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- An eye for connecting user behaviour with simple, clean, and intuitive UI
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit to experiment and push the boundaries of the product
- Willingness to overcome a steep learning curve in a short period of time
- Experience working in agriculture or agriculture technology environments
- Fluent in Spanish or French
A note from nugget.ai: We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations as requested by candidates, and you may contact us at any time at email@example.com for assistance or any questions you have.