(Remote work allowed)
For an leading international Insurtech Group based in Zurich, we are looking for a senior solution architect with strong hands-on tech experience that can guide our engineering teams and see through the implementation of various platforms.
We are selecting a Senior Solution Architect with consolidated development background (full stack) experience, who then moved into architecture. We are looking for a software engineer who built his way up into advisory roles. You will help with the platform strategies and bring cutting edge tech exposure as engineer and help to evangelize and mentor teams and work closely the architecture leadership.
Scope or the role
- To help to foster a culture of technology excellence, automation, digitization and better exploitation of data to further enable and accelerate the groups' growth ambitions.
- To identify and realize the benefits of specific Digital and automation initiatives, as well as of Agile, DevOps and CI/CD practices in general.
- To support and define and implement technology best practice across the group
- To define the detailed platform architecture for full-stack digital solutions and get the buy-in from the C level stakeholders.
- To support the definition of architecture and technical implementation guidelines
- To assist in the delivery of the Technology strategy
- Recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts
- To review and provide recommendations on platform architecture and microservices down to the code level and guide the engineers
- To define and support the delivery of integration technologies, APIs etc. including back to the front office, legacy to digital, and internal and external/ partner integration
- To identify a process & set of KPI's that monitor/drive the automation and digitization effort
- To be the champion of Agile ways of working, and platform thinking driving ideas and solutions
- To work with a variety of internal and external partners to support business requirements.
- To build networks and positive relationships across different cultures and working environments.
- University degree (Master's equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience and executive-level presence
- 5+ years of experience as the lead technologist / architect for a major product or service
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Team player and able to work in an environment of high levels of change and diversity of activities
- Internal or external consultancy experience with multiple partners and priorities
- Experience of leading teams and senior stakeholder engagement
- Experience with integration of internal/ external and front to back office technologies incl. on-premise and cloud environments.
- Insurance or Financial services experience as a senior architect
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, coach, and bring the team together in implementing new ideas
- Communicates with impact, negotiates skillfully in demanding situations, and effectively influences across all levels including senior and non-technical leaders.
- Thinks strategically in defining solutions balancing business needs with technical, focusing on commercial outcomes
- Establishes, maintains and develop strong relationship within the OEs including at senior levels
- Leading and managing a topic unaided end to end
- Take multiple and divergent data points to reach a conclusion that is presented in an understandable format to stakeholders
• Effectively navigate in ambiguity, shaping up new initiatives working with the relevant stakeholders with business impact
• Applying the nuances of influencing based on the situation, knowing when to push and when to ease
• Strong negotiation and advocacy skills
• Presents well and with conviction
• Good listener but can speak up if and when required
• Actively network and build bridges across teams with different cultures and working environments
• Results-oriented and ambitious with a positive attitude
• Ability to lead a team in a rapidly-changing primary insurance environment
• Pragmatic and "can do" attitude and strong customer orientation
• Remain resilient and positive in the face of challenges, retaining a positive customer focus with the OEs
• Willingness to work "virtually" and travel to other sites