Experience: 2+ years in web development
● Technologies: You’ve built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks
and libraries such as Python, Ruby or strong knowledge of any other dynamic
language. You should also have experience working with REST and JSON APIs
● Strong architecture chops: You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and
fault-tolerant distributed systems that support our unique rate-of-growth
requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
● Versatility: In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack,
you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network
layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
● Ownership: you’re able to own a sizeable part of a project without much
oversight, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity and changes in direction
● Fast learner: We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their
knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all
solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly
evolving research, development, and testing environment.
● Ability to self-start: You// are comfortable figuring out the requirements rather
than being handed a document.
● Any knowledge of managing and deploying to servers like DigitalOcean or AWS
is a plus.