My client is a high growth Canadian Fintech business that sells receipt management software to banks for them to white label and package up for their business customers - in essence it integrates with the banks own mobile apps. The client is flying and have raised 17 million USD for international expansion. In Europe they have Already they have Natwest, RBS and Ulster bank as clients and a strong pipeline with many POCs kicking off. They recently hired a VP for Europe, with an excellent track record of scaling businesses, who has opened an office on Chiswick High Road. The team by the end of the year will be 8 people in London with the plan to double that next year. They are looking for a Sales Director that can work with primarily banking clients. Ideally the person would have had some experience with banking but candidates with complex sales experience in other areas would also be of interest (IOT, Mobile Payments for example etc). The person must be comfortable with pitching at CxO level and dealing with stakeholders in multiple verticals. The role could also develop into a leadership role very quickly once the person has proven themselves / has the interest to do that.
The profile of the person is as follows:
- 10+ years of successful direct sales / new business development experience, with an existing broad industry network to match.
- Proven experience as a hunter and top performer, selling enterprise solutions to financial institutions or similar vertical sector.
- Experience with an ‘evangelical sale’ of an innovative or disruptive software-as-a-service.
- High-level understanding of financial services technology; including omni-channel digital banking, payments, and industry trends.
- Experience in consultative sales within a service-based organization, ideally selling a software-as-a-service product, or at least technology or technology services (Managed IT Services, HaaS, Hosted Services, Professional IT / Integration Services).
- Skills in account mapping, navigating a complex organization and securing buy-in from multiple stakeholders.
- Approach to sales that is driven by established complex sales processes such as Miller-Heiman.
- Experience and ability to develop a professional rapport, overcome objections and maintain an influential demeanor both in person and over the phone.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and processes.
- A post-secondary degree in business, commerce, or a related field. A relevant Masters degree is considered an asset.