Our client develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies. Their broad portfolio of intelligent hardware and software solutions enable our customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization and big data analytics.
The Account Manager is an enthusiastic, dynamic individual who potentially has some previous sales experience. Looking to develop a career in the fast-paced telecom sector. Self-motivated, will have organizational and people skills allowing them to establish and maintain long-term relationships within an account base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Sales of my clients test and measurement products into the defined account base. Including but not limited optical, transport and datacom and work flow optimisation.
• Prospect to identify and qualify new potential customers, including cold calling and development of leads through referral channels, to generate appointments and establish relationships.
• Manage the pipeline of opportunities from current and prospective customers to ensure that sales goal can be met. This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, proper prioritization of activities, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities move through the sales cycle.
• Complete all sales paperwork and reports promptly, thoroughly and accurately, to ensure company profitability and maximize our ability to deliver a high-quality solution and minimize potential problems or issues in service delivery or invoicing.
• Maintain all sales resources and databases such that they are kept up to date and accurate.
• Develop and maintain a broad background in core technology offerings, to ensure the ability to provide customer solutions and close sales opportunities as independently as possible. Adapt to and quickly learn new technologies and products.
• Provide support presence at trade shows, conferences, and customer demonstrations focusing on technical product applications.
• Participate in field evaluations to ensure customers are properly trained and tutored on testing solutions.
• Duties will also consist of maintenance and preparation of demo materials, performing product demonstrations, specific application support for clients and ongoing support. Taking full responsibility of the demo equipment and assigned company assets.
• Provide solution proposals and justification to suit customer needs.
• Maintain close supportive relationships with accounts to ensure smooth acceptance of products.
• Perform customer training when appropriate to ensure smooth acceptance of products.
• Provide customized test plans and job aids to ensure smooth acceptance of products.
• Assist in preparation and presentation of technology seminars to educate customers and potential customers
• Advise Product Management Team on product feature/road map to coordinate with upcoming customer requirements.
• Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing.
• Understanding of operator processes, in deployment and maintenance.
• Understanding of the Operators contractors Eco-system
• Knowledge of Fixed and wireless telecom networks including.
• Basic knowledge of the main architectures used including FttP and PON
• Previous experience with test equipment is preferred (OTDR, LS/PM, Ethernet)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet goals is required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
• Personally motivated, aggressively goal-oriented focus required.
• Education: Degree holder in Telecommunications, Engineering, Science or equivalent preferred
• 1-2 years’ sales experience is required, preferably in a technical capacity (so coming from a sales support, presales or other customer focused roles).
Language requirements: Fluent in English. Other languages would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Travelling: Willing and able to travel, 60-70% of the time.