Sales Director - Germany
*This role can be based anywhere in Germany*
Our client develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies. The client is roughly 2000 employees in more than 25 countries. Our client is the no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions and has the largest active assurance deployment.
Their broad portfolio of intelligent hardware and software solutions enable their customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization and big data analytics.
This individual will need to have experience in developing and implementing key account sales plans for their region of responsibility (Germany) while integrating that strategy into the overall key accounts sales plan. Candidate should have experience with and possess the skill sets required to sell to management and director levels within assigned accounts.
• Responsible for developing the sales strategy and growth for German market (the role is sole contributor in nature)
• Develop and enhance Route to Market Strategy in
Develop and enhance executive level relationship in key accounts within territory
• Support and develop Partner strategy for German Market
• Maintain close supportive relationships with focus accounts to ensure smooth acceptance of products.
• Assists customer with development of test automation solutions.
• Promote both Test and Measurement and Service Assurance solution within Territory.
Provide technical interface between Product Management Team and customers by developing and maintaining key technical relationships at key accounts.
• Advise Product Management Team on product feature/road map to coordinate with upcoming customer requirements for German Market
• Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing.
What we’re looking for
Understanding of the key transformations that our customers are going through and able to position our solutions to aid these transformations.
Technical understanding in the following areas will be beneficial Optical and Transport / Datacom. Networks as well as 5G, NFV, VoLTE, QoS, QoE.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
• Strategic thinker
Able to motivate direct and in-direct reports
• Self starter and able to communicate and interact at executive level
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
• Possess leadership qualities and good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Knowledge of the client and the client’s structure.
Academic and Professional Requirements
• Education: Degree holder in Telecommunications or Engineering.
• Pertinent experience: Minimum 10 years experience of selling Telecommunication test and or assurance solutions
• Language requirements: German and English written and spoken. Additional languages are advantages.
• Ability to travel. Approximately 50% - 70% travel required.