Our client is SAAS software solutions company based in Chicago that has been acquired by a major software business in North America. The acquiring business intends to expand the company and retain its own brand identity.
The client has revenues of between 5-10 million USD and they are now looking for a Chief Accountant to manage the finances of the company / BU. The client is looking for someone that can lead a team of 2 (one in the US and one in Europe) to ensure all the day to day financial functions of the business are fulfilled and also get involved with the general business operations of the BU (assisting the CEO with sales pipelines and forcasting etc).
The main responsibilities will be:-
- Responsible for accounting and controlling of both the US office and the office in Europe (Spanish speaking would be an advantage.
- Monthly and quarterly closing and sales control - accurate forecasting of sales
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Responsible for subledgers – accounts payable & receivables
- Prepare and review of monthly account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance of internal and external reporting and requirements in accordance with local statutory accounting
- Automatize and improve current processes for financial system, expense management and other reporting systems
- Focus on working capital improvement and applying best practices
- Co-ordination with external service providers – i.e. payroll, local statutory, tax, banks
- Support actively Director of Finance in business support
The successful candidate will need:-
- Good knowledge in Accounting (Subledgers and General Ledgers)
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, practices
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required, as are excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in Controlling
- Previous experience in Software company would be desired
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work within strict time deadlines
- Good business acumen to help with the general planning for the company
- Happy to get involved with commercial aspects of the company / forecasting
The client is looking to pay in the region of 100K USD + 50% variable but there might be some flexibility. Currently, the business is sub-50 people but that should grow.