Our client is a major Telecommunication and Media software vendor with 26000 employees. They are working with Telecoms Service Providers in Russia to transform their networks and business by implementing cutting edge cloud orientated solutions.
On behalf of our client we are looking for Software Support Specialist. You will be able to work in environment build on top of the newest technologies, on projects for the biggest and most innovative Telecom operators in the world.
This role is for highly trained product experts responsible for end-to-end product deployment, application and third party software configuration and integration.
- You will discuss and document environment related non-functional requirements as well as integration details with the customer and third party vendors.
- You will install, configure and upgrade Amdocs solution environments (e.g. Test, Preproduction, Production environments) throughout the delivery project life cycle (Development, Test, UAT, Production)
- You will install, configure and upgrade third party software in the supported environments and build in conjunction with development and architecture.
- You will perform connectivity validation of related system components, review results with the customer and the third party vendors, and provides relevant technical input for the project status.
- You will integrate Amdocs solution with third party applications within non-production (test) and production customer networks.
- You will provide technical support during all phases of a project and advices the customer's technical personnel at all levels of: HW and deployment architecture, application and 3rd-party configuration and tuning, on-going production monitoring, etc.
- You will identify, analyze and lead all environment related defects/incidents during the project, directing them to the relevant owner and following up on their handling.
- You will provide environment related expertise to all stakeholders (e.g. Development team, Testing team and customer) throughout the product lifecycle.
- Hands on experience working with Linux/UNIX administration.
- 1+ years of experience in implementing advanced business solutions (preferably in BSS/OSS area)
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
- Knowledge in Virtualization (VMWare), Networking (TCP/IP, Firewall, Routers, Load balancing) and Platform (HP/IBM servers – blade centers) and Storage equipment (IBM Storwize/FlashSystem, EMC).
- Experience in developing custom utilities using scripting languages (Perl, Unix shell scripting)
- Experience in PL/SQL - Database queries/updates
- Must have the ability to turn high level requirements into Technical, Functional & Operational Specifications. Should have the ability to understand and challenge functional / technical solution specifications and programs that need delivery alignment
- Experience of working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to priorities in very rapidly changing work environment.
- Able to work outside of normal working schedule when needed.
- Must be able to work independently
- Experienced in troubleshooting and debugging of the applications.
- Knowledge in deploying application and integration middleware solutions (Oracle WebLogic, JBOSS ESB, IBM WebSphere) is a plus
- Knowledge of Telecom networks, platforms, standards and business processes is considered a plus
- Understanding of network protocols such as SINGTRAN, CAMEL, DIAMETER, MAP is a plus
- Exposure to DevOps technologies (Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus, Kubernetes or other containerization technologies) is considered a plus
- Understanding of Microservices based architecture is a plus.