Our client is Wireless network test solution provider with it's European office based in Watford, Hertfordshire covering EMEA (they also have a second office in Poland).
Our product portfolio includes Drive test and optimizationTools for 2G/3G//LTE/IoT/5G Radio Network Optimisation.
Reporting to the manager of the Technical division, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer in London, to be responsible for the first and second line support to our customer base for all tools within our product portfolio. Duties and responsibilities will also include some Presales and Post Sales support, within the EMEA geographical area, sometimes at short notice, so the ability to be flexible and travel at short notice will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers and Channel partners to understand the feature and functions.
- Demonstrate the functionality of our product to the potential customers.
- Leverage wireless technology knowledge, i.e. 2G/3G//LTE/IoT/5G, to support the end customers.
- Provide training to customers, Partners, Support Engineers and Sales Account Managers.
- Provide quick and accurate responses for technical support enquiries such as product installations, system analysis and integration to meet and exceed SLA standards.
- 2nd tier Trouble shooting to resolve product and application problems
- Manage and interpret customer requirements by liaising with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their technical needs; offer 1st and 2nd line post-sales support services; support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrate how a particular product meets client needs.
Pre-requisites : Experience and Skills should include:
- Solid experience with 3G/4G Optimization tools (including comprehensive understanding of drive test & analysis process.
- Experience of drive test tools (Accuver, TEMS, Anite Nemo, Romes, etc.) and post processing tools (Actix etc).
- Deep understanding of 3GPP, the Radio Air Interface, IP Protocols and layer 3 messaging. Proven ability to trouble-shoot 3G / 4G network problems based on a combination of:
Drive test and other measurements from the air-interface, Network parameters, 3GPP specifications, Protocol data; and Vendor-specific network parameters.
- Ability to understand and respond to client’s issues.
- Sound quality communication skills – written and verbal
- Skills at MS Word & PowerPoint.
- Educated to degree level
- Flexible to travel in Europe – often at short notice.
- Fluent communication in English.
- Clear thinker, diligent, motivated, team player, eager to learn and progress, technically very
- Technical/sales/customer-facing split
- ‘Client-facing’ - superior communication skills (both written and oral)
- Must be able to travel internationally, frequently with very short notice, for short periods
- Positive resilient and determined attitude
- Culturally sensitive
- Good organisation and problem solving skills
- Work independently, across time-zones, in a very distributed company
- Ability to understand customer needs and to connect them to the Company’s solutions
- Natural understanding and/or experience from the political arena of an operator / vendor
- Ability to get along with different types of people - both managers and engineers
- Creative and lateral thinker who can strategize with others to overcome high resistance thresholds.