My client is a leading provider of wireless test and measurement solutions that enable operators to validate network features, optimize cellular performance and improve customer experience. They provide solutions for drive test, optimization, benchmarking and end-to-end testing.
The client works with all major network operators, infrastructure vendors, chipset manufacturers and wireless equipment OEMs; they measure, troubleshoot and optimize network performance and wireless service delivery (including 5G).
Job Description - Business Development Manager
- Combine technical knowledge with the sales skills needed to sell my client's network testing solutions within the EMEA market.
- Located in Europe (they have an office in Watford, UK but the role could be based remotely in other parts of the UK or internationally.
- Achieve sales quota
- Grow install base within existing accounts and develop new accounts
- Develop and implement account plans and sales strategies to enable sales success
- Maintain sales forecast and provide weekly sales report to management
- Engage high level decision makers within customers/prospects and make them aware of my clients value add
- Actively contribute to market development initiatives such as competitor analysis, market dynamics, product roadmap strategy etc.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements
- Prepare and deliver product presentations
- Assist customers and Channel partners to understand the technical features, benefits and key differentiators of my client's portfolio of products
- Become knowledgeable in wireless Optimization and Test applications for my client's portfolio
- Be able to overcome competitors’ technical advantages by leveraging my clients strengths
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows
- Good knowledge of wireless communications industry with some previous sales experience with Operators and Vendors within EMEA region.
- Appreciation of the sales process
- Knowledge of the network testing market would be beneficial
- Previous product management/marketing experience would also be beneficial
- Strong English language communication
- Additional French, German or Spanish language skills would be beneficial
- Organisation skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Customer focused.
- Proactive, Resilient and Self-motivated
- ‘Can do’ attitude with willingness to work outside normal working hours from time to time to achieve business objectives
- Willingness to travel 33% of time within EMEA and occasionally globally for sales meetings
Candidates coming from a presales / technical account management background and looking to make a step into a more commerical role would be of interest to the client. An appreciation of Radio Network Planning / Radio Network Optimisation would be extremely helpful because the solutions are sold to RAN departments in the Mobile Network Service Providers.