VP Business Development will be part of the Security Business Unit within this multi-national
company, and will report to the SVP Security who is based in Bristol, UK.
My client provides roaming value-added services, analytics, fraud and security solutions to mobile phone operators and signalling providers world-wide.
We are market leading providers of roaming steeringand are leaders in the signalling security market, with our SS7 and Diameter Firewall. The Security business line is growing rapidly and now has need for a VP Business Development, who will be responsible for business development and high-level technical pre-sales globally.
The primary functions will be to support initial technical engagement with customers on the security product portfolio, and the more technical queries and documents on bid responses.
This will require regular travel to Bristol (UK) for close collaboration with product managers and to ensure information is up to date with the latest release and roadmap and provide feedback from prospects and feature candidates. It will also require regular (1-3 times per month) global travel to present to customers.
Technical skills & experience
• Ability to build rapport with clients
• In depth mobile signalling expertise – i.e. an understanding of call flows
• In depth experience of mobile network security
• Good commercial awareness
• Graduate preferred
• Sales orientated, but able to understand technical risk
• Excellent presentation skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision, but aware when decisions need
• Sets high personal standards for quality of work. Organised and with attention to detail but
also aware of time/quality trade-offs.
• Motivated and driven
• Committed to achieving individual and team objectives and deadlines
Bristol UK (or elsewhere in UK but able to spend regular time in Bristol alongside the Security team).