The role reports to Head of Finance
About the Company
A small West End office running the support function for an investment fund for a HNWI. We are looking for a Junior Financial Accountant to join us in our central London office.
The ideal candidate would be part qualified ACCA or equivalent, who is looking for new challenges and responsibilities. In this role you will support the team in the preparation of regular financial reports. You will support the preparation of the monthly financial statements and variance analysis. You will see through the audit work to completion and liaise with external auditors under supervision of your senior manager. You will assist with the technical accounting and preparing financial statements.
You will develop sound professional working relationships with finance colleagues, business staff and senior management.
You will have proactive and regular communication with the business and other areas of Finance whose work impacts, or depends upon the Finance team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping, sales and purchase ledgers
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounting for loans, multicurrency transactions
- Preparation of month end and year end intercompany reconciliations
- Fixed assets accounting
- Depreciation schedules maintenance and review
- Support on VAT submission and evaluation
- Preparation of month end management reports
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Finance or similar
- Professional accounting qualification, ACCA/CIMA (part qualified)
- Previous experience in Accounting/Finance
- Basic knowledge of consolidation reporting
- Knowledge of international reporting standards
- Experience of international reporting is preferred but not essential
- IT literacy (MS office) and past experience in using Sage is a must
- A committed team player with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Have good communication and presentation skills
- Russian language is preferred but not essential
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- Sage 50: 1 year (Required)