Main purpose of role
- To assist in the development, operation and support of the Cloud Native platform continuous delivery pipeline
- Design, document and deploy changes to IaaS/PaaS
- Contribute to the technical architecture forums for IaaS/PaaS
- Provide L2 support for IaaS/PaaS deployments troubleshoot, provide root cause analysis, and implement incident and problem solutions
- Be a IaaS/PaaS recognized expert
Key Role Responsibilities
- To be an expert in one or more infrastructure stacks to support cloud, on-premises customer projects and SaaS offerings.
- To provide L2/L3 support for production deployments of various application stacks.
- To help design and deliver changes to production infrastructure stack components adopting service management best practice
- To be an SME for infrastructure technologies within the organisation
Skills (technical and non-technical) & Qualifications
- Infrastructure as code knowledge and/or experience e.g. Terraforms, Ansible, Cloud Formations
- Knowledge and/or experience of CI/CD pipeline, automation, orchestration technologies
- Knowledge and/or experience of Red Hat Openshift, Kubernetes
- Able to write High Level Designs for Infrastructure changes
- Able to deploy changes into production environments according to industry best practice
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases e.g .ORACLE, Elastic Search.
- Knowledge and experience of AWS architectural considerations to include VPCs, subnets, security groups EC2s, RDS, storage, direct connect, IAM resources
- Knowledge and experience of the design and support of on-premises BareMetal, VMWare solutions.
- Exposure to ITIL Service Management principles
- Experience and/or knowledge of programming/scripting languages e.g. Bourne Shell, Python, Perl, Java, etc.
- A good understanding of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, HTTPS, DNS
Experience & Expertise
A person with at least a BSc in a numerate/technical subject and having over 5 years of experience in IaaS/PaaS production rollouts and supervision.