Who are we:
Be part of Marfeel, one of the hottest European start-up companies in the mobile ad-tech world. Named as Wired Magazine’s 2015 Top 100 Startups, Inc.5000 nº 1 Fastest Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain in 2017, and 16th out of Europe’s 1000 fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in 2018. We are recommended at the very top by Google itself for our mobile design solution. Together with our partners we have over 6 billion worldwide readers and over 20 billion page views. Our headquarters are based in sunny Barcelona.
Certified Google Publishing Partner
Certified Facebook Instant Articles Official Partner
We are looking for a highly energetic and passionate Systems Support Engineer to support several critical platforms and services widely used by Marfeelers and by customers, providing fast and useful technical assistance to team mates and to Marfeel’s customers.
Your goal will be to create value for teammates that will help preserve the company’s pace and delivery efficiency. You will also be helping our Adoption Customer Success team to spread our CDN product, identifying how our product fits in the customer’s infrastructure. A passion for customer advocacy is essential. On the other hand, you will improve our product by adding the feedback from our customers.
You will play a key role in the team working on the infrastructure that supports more than 80 deployments every day including:
- Elasticsearch cluster with ingest rate of 1TB / Day
- Jenkins Dockerized Pipelines with 7 nodes with Master / Slave architecture
- CDN using Varnish with an Origin / Shield architecture completely managed through Ansible
- AWS & GC Cloud Infrastructure supporting 600 million visits / month
- Mongo replicaset with 30K reqs / s
We have 600 million visits, over 2 billion page views and we are scaling with the minimum number of servers possible. Challenge accepted?
This is you:
- You are a methodical type of person and "Doer" is your middle name.
- You have good communication skills.
- You feel like you have a mission, not just a task.
- You can communicate with technical and non-technical people alike to show both technical and functional command of what you are doing.
- You are eager for knowledge.
- You are hands-on and proactive.
- You love automation and want to automate and productize everything.
- You are fluent in English (it’s a must).
- Help manage the cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain a build-server farm that manages more than 200 builds every day.
- Take care of the KPI evolutions, monitoring systems, SLA compliance, etc.
- Follow up and solve incidents that affects your teammates and our customers.
- Assist with customer CDN configurations over email, chat or call and provide technical support to Customer Success for our CDN product.
- Integrate customer needs and requirements to our new product following our quality standards.
- Contribute to our customer facing documentation when necessary.
- Contribute to the processes and policies that scale our support organization as we grow.
You must have:
- BA/BS degree required, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer support or (Sys|Dev)Ops role.
- Familiarity with a *nix environment and cloud infrastructures (AWS, GCP, …).
- Ability to write scripts to speed up maintenance processes (BASH, Python, Perl, …) and orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Cheff, …).
- Understanding of website cache performances and cache servers, proxies and load balancers (Varnish, Nginx, HAProxy, Hitch…).
- A feeling of being at home with content delivery network services, content management, web analytics, website performance, mobile content delivery or managed web hosting is highly desired.
- Knowledge of TCP, DNS and HTTP as well as troubleshooting techniques is important with the ability to debug connections using cURL, traceroute, telnet, tcpdump and other network diagnostic tools.
We will be further impressed if you have:
- One or more programming languages (Java preferably) and experience managing and optimizing CI/CD workflows and pipelines (Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, …)
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Working on an international, multicultural and talented team and enjoying our sunny terrace.
- We have more than 30 nationalities so you will not get lost in translation.
- Flexible working-time.
- Free commodities (coffee, tea, juices, etc).
- Ping-pong, Mario Kart and foosball tournaments.
- Free language and yoga classes
- Team building events!
- Transport, restaurant and kindergarten tickets.
- Training, books and all you need to feel empowered.
- And a Referral Bonus if you bring other talented people like you.