What you'll be doing
- Responsible for managing the corporate legal function for the Aviation business to ensure adherence to corporate governance norms and internal requirements.
- Supporting the Aviation Transaction Management, Aviation Tax, Aviation Finance and Lease Management teams with day-to-day corporate filings, company incorporations, company liquidations, scheduling and running board meetings, CRO and other regulatory filings, execution of documents and limited review of simple contracts.
• Liaise with corporate service providers, external company secretaries and boards of directors with respect to incorporation and ongoing management of special purpose companies in Ireland and in other relevant jurisdictions .
• Liaise with external counsel to arrange and manage all aviation management approvals and board approvals for Aviation subsidiaries (ad-hoc board meetings and quarterly board meetings) and prepare board packs for directors.
• Draft powers of attorney and general corporate documents for aviation transactions and oversee their execution.
• Deal with day-to-day queries and requests including preparation of corporate forms, maintenance of company structure charts, ‘Know-Your-Client’ checks and due diligence requests.
• Prepare service agreements and other internal financing documents for special purpose companies.
• Maintain a complete and accurate internal document management system. Ensure that all corporate documents are archived, maintained, and updated in accordance with company policies.
• Provide ad hoc support to the Aviation Transaction Management, Aviation Tax, Aviation Finance and Lease Management teams as required.
• Assist in developing and managing strategies to monitor and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory reporting and filing requirements (e.g., Companies Registration Office, Central Bank of Ireland, Directors’ Compliance Policy Statements) quarterly and annually.
• Accurate completion of all duties and responsibilities.
• Ensure that all necessary corporate approvals and regulatory filings are in place as required.
• Establish strong rapport with internal teams and raise awareness of corporate governance and compliance requirements and norms.
• Ensure deadlines are met and liaise with other departments to ensure timely conclusion of relevant transactions and projects.
• Ensure timely and accurate uploading of information to internal systems. Ensure all corporate documents are properly executed and archived in accordance with company policies.
• Educated to university level with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a private company, law firm or corporate service provider.
• Experience of financial services or aircraft leasing an advantage.
• Qualification with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators an advantage (may suit a qualified lawyer moving to a corporate governance role but legal qualification is not essential)
• Knowledge of Irish company law and familiarity with the Companies Act 2014.
• Experience drafting and reviewing board minutes, powers of attorney and completing regulatory forms and questionnaires.
• Proactive about addressing problems and governance issues head-on, suggesting improvements to existing practices and proven problem-solving skills.