Karma Search has partnered with a B2C consumer app startup based in Redwood City, CA that is looking to hire a Backend Engineer for a full-time role. This position includes salary, health benefits, equity, PTO, a flexible work-life balance, and an opportunity to join a cutting-edge startup as it scales!
The company received over $6M in their seed funding and is pre-Series A. They are funded by some of the top firms and VC's and are going for their Series A in the next few months. There are currently a little over 20 employees, and they are rapidly growing!
This role will report to the Director of Engineering and join a technical team of 11 employees. The Backend Engineer for this role will be an individual contributor and need to have:
- 4 years of experience developing backend systems and services
- Strong background in either Python, Ruby, or Java (Python is preferred)
- Strong experience with OOP and design as well as JSON and REST APIs
- Experienced in Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- Preferred: prior startup experience within an AWS environment
- Preferred: someone who has worked on apps that were scaled to millions of users