Karma Search has partnered with a B2C consumer app startup based in Redwood City, CA that is looking to hire a Lead Android Engineer for a full-time role. This position includes salary, health benefits, equity, PTO, a flexible work-life balance, and an opportunity to join a cutting-edge startup as it scales!
The company received over $6M in their seed funding and is pre-Series A. They are funded by some of the top firms and VC's and are going for their Series A in the next few months. There are currently a little over 20 employees, and they are rapidly growing! They have both iOS and Android apps which launched in early 2019.
This role will report to the Director of Engineering and join a technical team of 11 employees. The Android Engineer for this role will be an individual contributor and need to have:
- 4 years of experience developing consumer-facing Android apps
- Expert level experience with Android SDK
- Some experience with sensors or Android APIs for location or motion or a background working a company within the mobility world (i.e. Uber, Lyft, etc.)
- Strong background in Java, memory management, and multi-threading
- Preferred: prior startup experience
- Preferred: someone who has worked on apps that were scaled to millions of users