Senior Web Developer (with Node)
New York, NY (SoHo)
Salary + Benefits
Karma Search is working with a mid-sized Media/Magazine company in NYC (Soho) looking for a Senior Frontend Developer. This is a salaried role with benefits and 401k. This role repots to the Director of Web Development and will join 300 employees in the NY office.
- The team currently has 18 Web Developers, which includes 5 Leads depending on the internal company brand they work on.
- This role reports to a Lead who then reports to the Director of Web Development. He then reports to the CTO.
- Average tenure of Developers on the team - 3.5 years. They had 1 person leave in all of 2017.
- They are very big into having 1:1's to make sure Developers are happy in their role. They are fine with rotating individuals between different brands and projects if someone wants a different experience.
- Work on the CMS and 17 sites in total, with 6 being the most popular. They have a CMS which they can license out to companies
- Backend: Node, Elasticsearch, Redis, Fastly as their CDM (similar to Nginx)
- Also: Kafka, AWS
- 30 minute phone call with Director
- Code project
- Onsite - with team and CTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision - 4 plans through Aetna
- Life insurance (100%)
- Unlimited PTO/Vacation
- 401k (no match yet)
- Other perks: Bagels first Friday of every month, discounted/free tickets to magazine events, happy hours, company parties