Who we are
ixigo is an AI-based travel app that helps millions of users plan and book their trips every day. Launched in 2007, ixigo is proud to have built numerous industry-first AI-innovations over the last decade. With pre-emptive help from ixigo at every touch-point of their journey, 150 million Indians are now making smarter travel decisions every year. ixigo uses Artificial Intelligence for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, dynamic marketing, airfare predictions, train delay information, PNR confirmation status, infrastructure cost optimization, business intelligence and providing fully-automated customer service over chat and voice. This makes ixigo a lean, tech-intensive and capital-efficient travel business, serving millions of travelers with a team size of under 200. Founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai & Rajnish Kumar, ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun RZ Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
As a Lead UI developer, you will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in the design, planning, and deployment of the UI of all our product apps & website.
What you do?
- Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application.
- Design, implement and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release products
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you have?
- BE/BTech from premiere Engineering colleges (IITs/NITs/IIIT/DCE)
- 6-9 years of experience in Frontend technologies preferably in internet/e-commerce/product companies
- Knowledge of latest JS frameworks and libraries like React, RequireJS, Handlebars, AngularJS
- JS design patterns and concepts of OOPS and functional programming in JS
- Practical working knowledge of front-end build tools like grunt, gulp, webpack, etc.
- Fluent in responsive design and development for mobile and tablet devices
- Knowledge regarding Frontend performance improvements in most common browsers, cross-browser compatibility issues
- Sense for appeal & aesthetics from a usability perspective
Good to have
- Familiarity with ES6
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Some experience with Java web frameworks like JSF/Struts/Spring is desirable
- Adobe Photoshop or Design knowledge, a plus but not required
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigo is proud to have built an entrepreneurial culture that has become a folk-lore in the startup ecosystem. One in every four ixigems has gone on to build successful startups and companies. Our cultural values of integrity, empathy, ingenuity, awesomeness, and resilience have stood the tests of time and we’ve built a fun, flexible and creative work environment that is driven by people with a high degree of ownership. You will get to work with some of the smartest folks in the Indian startup ecosystem, and solve some of the toughest problems for the next billion users by using bleeding-edge technologies. Oh, and we have an awesome “play” area, great chai/coffee, free lunches (yes, they exist!) and a workspace you will fall in love with.