Who we are
Launched in 2007 in Gurgaon, India by Aloke Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar, ixigo is India’s leading travel search marketplace, connecting over 80 million travellers with content & deals from over 25,000 online & offline travel & hospitality businesses. ixigo aggregates and compares real-time travel information, prices & availability for flights, trains, buses, cabs, hotels, packages & destinations.
ixigo’s mission is to simplify the lives of travellers by building apps that make their travel search and planning hassle-free and it has won several awards in its journey, including the TiE-Lumis Entrepreneurial Excellence Award and the NASSCOM Top-10 Emerge Award. ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun Kinzon Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
Role & Responsibility
As a UI developer, You will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product.
- Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
- Design, implement and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics, preferably from IITs / Top RECs
- Any experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Knowledge about latest JS frameworks and libraries like React, RequireJS, Handlebars, AngularJS
- JS design patterns and concepts of OOPS and functional programming in JS
- Practical working knowledge of front-end build tools like grunt, gulp, webpack etc.
- Fluent in responsive design and development for mobile and tablet devices
- Knowledge regarding Frontend performance improvements in most common browsers, cross-browser compatibility issues
- Sense for appeal & aesthetics from a usability perspective
- Some UI portfolio or samples will be required
Good to have
- Familiarity with ES6
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Some experience with Java web frameworks like JSF/Struts/Spring is desirable
- Adobe Photoshop or Design knowledge, a plus but not required
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigems enjoy a fun and rewarding work atmosphere. We do not believe in hierarchies, and we encourage communication and constructive collaboration. We believe in the personal growth of individuals, creative approaches to solve real-world problems, and questioning the status quo!