ixigo is India's leading travel platform with over 150 million users. Ixigo ( which offers separate trains and flight & hotels app) allows Indian travelers to compare & book from 120+ travel suppliers and OTAs across flights, trains, hotels, buses & cabs.
ixigo's vision is to empower travelers with trustworthy & personalized travel recommendations. ixigo trains app has become the world’s 6th most downloaded travel app on Google Play store as per analytics platform SensorTower’s 2018 report. It is also the 2nd most downloaded travel app in India. This top spot makes ixigo the fastest growing and most trusted travel app in the market. ixigo has played a pioneering role in launching innovative industry-first products driven by AI, Voice, and ML in the travel space. The travel platform has launched a slew of AI and big data innovations, including its award-winning multi-lingual voice-based travel assistant - TARA. Founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai & Rajnish Kumar, ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun RZ Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
Role & Responsibility
As a Product owner at ixigo, you will own the product vision and define the product roadmap. You will be working closely with tech, design, content and business team to build and launch the product, engage users, retain users, delight users & win market share!
- Evolve a short-term and long-term vision & roadmap for the product based on requirements gathered across consumer needs, market research, industry trends, partner/ advertiser feedback, management team thinking and business strategy
- Lead, manage & coordinate with concerned teams towards product-related targets & milestones
- Take key product decisions, including those that impact design, usability, features, content, and revenue in consultation with the leaders.
- Work closely with CTO on prioritization of tasks & projects for every monthly build
- Organize internal & external discussions, product brainstorms & focus groups to identify & maintain a list of new ideas for product evolution
- Stay at the bleeding edge of information in terms of technology, internet, mobile, social media, online travel, online marketing & consumer analytics
- Crunch analytics & log data regularly to identify consumer insights/market insights, find improvements for consumer engagement & conversion rates. Constantly measure marketing RoI across channels and users
- Help the quality team in building & refining test-cases for UAT with the right tools
- Challenge and engage the product technology & business teams to keep them aligned towards achieving product targets in a timely manner
Skills & Qualifications
- Social Applications / Mobile Applications product management experience is mandatory
- Should create prototypes and flow-charts/user flow diagrams using tools like Balsamiq and InVision
- Experience of Analytical/MIS Tools (Google Analytics etc.)
- Understanding of "Web 2.0" product psyche - ability to tell a good design from a bad one
- An eye for detail along with high benchmarks for quality
- Great people skills!
- Understanding of online travel businesses, travel content & communities
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- High energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigems enjoy a fun and rewarding work atmosphere. We do not believe in hierarchies, and we encourage communication and constructive collaboration. We believe in the personal growth of individuals, creative approaches to solve real-world problems, and questioning the status quo!