Launched in 2007 in Gurgaon, India by Aloke Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar, ixigo is India’s leading travel search marketplace, connecting over 80 million travellers with content & deals from over 25,000 online & offline travel & hospitality businesses. ixigo aggregates and compares real-time travel information, prices & availability for flights, trains, buses, cabs, hotels, packages & destinations.
ixigo’s mission is to simplify the lives of travellers by building apps that make their travel search and planning hassle-free and it has won several awards in its journey, including the TiE-Lumis Entrepreneurial Excellence Award and the NASSCOM Top-10 Emerge Award. ixigo’s investors include include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun Kinzon Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax
Role & Responsibility
As a QA Engineer, You will be involved in test automation of our product suite Web App, Mobile Apps and public REST APIs. This individual will be responsible to work with the QA and development teams to create/define automation infrastructure and strategize various tests to deliver high quality product.
- Develop a robust Web automation framework which simplifies the process of writing and running tests
- Write and execute detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Plan and execute end to end testing efforts of highly complex features
- Design and Develop framework for testing of mobile applications (Android/iOS)
- Design Test plans after thorough understanding of product requirement
- Understand end user deployment and contribute to requirements and design reviews
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering.
- 2-4 years of experience at cutting edge organizations or startups
- Extensive experience on Mobile applications automation testing for native iOS & Android applications
- Well versed with Testing/QA concepts with good knowledge of Manual Testing
- Experience with e business/e commerce applications and business environment is a must
- Any experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Extensive experience of Web UI Automation using tools like Selenium & Appium
- Strong Experience on Java and comfortable with WhiteBox testing.
- Good understanding in Testing of API/Web Services
- Good to have exposure in Mobile Application testing includes UI, BDD Testing, Regression tests, and Performance tests
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of relational database (Mysql/sql)
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- High energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigems enjoy a fun and rewarding work atmosphere. We do not believe in hierarchies, and we encourage communication and constructive collaboration. We believe in the personal growth of individuals, creative approaches to solve real-world problems, and questioning the status quo!