Launched in 2007 in Gurgaon, India by Aloke Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar, ixigo is India’s leading travel search marketplace, connecting over 80 million travellers with content & deals from over 25,000 online & offline travel & hospitality businesses. ixigo aggregates and compares real-time travel information, prices & availability for flights, trains, buses, cabs, hotels, packages & destinations.
ixigo’s mission is to simplify the lives of travellers by building apps that make their travel search and planning hassle-free and it has won several awards in its journey, including the TiE-Lumis Entrepreneurial Excellence Award and the NASSCOM Top-10 Emerge Award. ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun Kinzon Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
Role & Responsibility
As a Backend Developer, You will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product.
- Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
- Design, implement and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Take responsibility of performance and stability for all server functions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, preferably from IITs/Top RECs
- 2-4 years of experience at cutting edge organizations or startups
- Extensive experience in a Java server-side software design and development
- Proficiency in implementation of algorithms and use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing.
- Experience with e business/e commerce applications and business environment is a must
- Any experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Good understanding of Java/J2EE and design patterns
- Strong knowledge on data structures and designing for performance, scalability and availability Knowledge in MongoDB and Web services
- Extensive use of Instruments and Shark to detect memory leaks and for performance optimization
- Good grasp of algorithms, memory management and multithreaded programming
- Good to have - Python, NodeJS, Mysql, Redis, ElasticSearchGreat people skills!
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- High energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigems enjoy a fun and rewarding work atmosphere. We do not believe in hierarchies, and we encourage communication and constructive collaboration. We believe in the personal growth of individuals, creative approaches to solve real-world problems, and questioning the status quo!