Specialist – Waste to Wealth Mission
Office of the PSA led programme in partnership with Invest India
About Invest India: Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, constituted under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry. As the national investment promotion and facilitation agency, Invest India focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and development of new partnerships to enable sustainable investments in India. In addition to a core team that focuses on sustainable investments, Invest India also partners with substantial investment promotion agencies and multilateral organizations. Invest India also actively works with several Indian states to build capacity as well as bring in global best practices in investment targeting, promotion and facilitation areas. Invest India also houses the PM-STIAC Secretariat and the PMU for Waste to Wealth.
The Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC), is an overarching Council that facilitates the Principal Scientific Adviser’s Office to assess the status in specific science and technology domains, comprehend challenges in hand, formulate specific interventions, develop a futuristic roadmap and advise the Prime Minister accordingly. Based on deliberations of the Council, nine national missions have been initiated led by various ministries and departments in areas including AI, Quantum Frontier, BioDiversity, BioScience for Human Health, Deep Ocean Exploration etc.
One of the most significant missions of the PM-STIAC is the ‘Waste to Wealth’ mission, which builds on the Prime Minister’s ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ through effective deployment of technology for waste management. The Office of the PSA in partnership with Invest India has set up the PMU for the W2W mission at Invest India and the roles detailed below are part of this PMU.
Job Aim: Successful Implementation of the Waste to Wealth Mission, as per agreed workplan
The roles will work with AVPs and VPs to facilitate execution of the W2W workplan and technology deployment action plans, innovation challenges, and other Waste to Wealth Mission requirements across areas of solid waste management, air pollution and water pollution.
1. Deliver against the W2W workplan and agreed tasks, as guided by the O/o the PSA
2. Support Planning and execution of various engagement activities like conferences, roundtables, brainstorming sessions, technology identification sessions, client meetings, webinars
3. Prepare research material, reports, brochures, presentations, and briefing notes related to identified sentinel sites and state government requirements
4. Coordinate with internal stakeholders for smooth implementation of collaborative activities with sectors, states and country teams
5. Continually track external stakeholder participation across sentinel sites and facilitate progress of projects
6. Monitor progress for each sentinel site project and report to the O/o the PSA as needed
7. Track and provide content and updates for W2W portal, newsletters, Invest India magazine, O/o the PSA website etc.
8. Work with Brand Communications and portal management team to ensure adequate social media presence and campaigns, media and PR activities
1. Proven Experience in project delivery and management, contract management and grant management
2. Work in the waste management sector will be preferred.
3. Graduate/Post -Graduate Degree from a premier institution
4. At least 3 years of full-time work experience at a leading corporate/Indian government organisation
5. Ability to work in teams and take ownership of task delivery.
6. Excellent relationship building skills and stakeholder management
7. Excellent Communication, People and Analytical skills.
8. Experience of business development
9. Good IT skills, MS Office, project management tools and techniques.
10. Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines