Who we are
Interdependence is the most effective, innovative and optimized public relations, communication and integrated marketing solutions firm, powered by proprietary technology, for brands, CMOs, founders and entrepreneurs to enhance the quality of their businesses and their lives. We have nearly 100 full-time team members across the country and are rapidly growing. Interdependence was named a "Top PR Agency to Look Out For in 2022" by the International Business Times.
At Interdependence, we have an unwavering commitment to fostering a collaborative and performance-driven work environment. Employees are encouraged to innovate and share ideas openly, and are provided with ample opportunities for professional growth. Our focus on work-life balance ensures a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle, while our dedication to delivering exceptional results for clients across various industries – including consumer brands, travel, entertainment, tech, B2B, healthcare and professional services – instills a sense of pride and accomplishment in every team member. With a dynamic and inclusive culture that values diversity and fosters creativity, Interdependence stands as a beacon of excellence.
An Assistant Account Executive at Interdependence Public Relations will be a go getter, wearer of many hats, and someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work. As an integral player at the agency, Assistant Account Executives collaborate closely with team members to help meet client goals by building impactful media relationships, crafting strong pitches and consistently offering creative and on-point deliverables. The ideal Account Executive is proactive and eager, meets or beats deadlines, stays ahead of trends and always looks for new ways to solve problems. The ideal candidate should have PR internship experience or some work experience and must demonstrate thoughtfulness and creativity, a positive attitude, excellent communication plus writing skills, an obsessive attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Interfaces and develops a rapport with internal team members and vendors
• Drafts a range of written materials – such as media pitches, award submissions and media lists
• Actively participates in team and client meetings in addition to available training programs
• Assists the team on executing campaigns and with various projects such as plans, research, media relations activities and more
• Works with director supervisor to set goals and build skills
• Serves as a mentor to interns
• Completes work product, timesheets and reports accurately
Qualifications & Skills:
• Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, advertising or related field
• Internship in public relations or social media
• Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment
• A team player who works well with others and independently as needed
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PR software (e.g. Cision, etc.)
• Competitive benefits package—including medical/dental/vision support, vacation/sick time/paid time off for important holidays, 401(k), Work Out Wednesdays, flexible working arrangements (i.e. working from home), Summer Fridays