We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (or DevOps Engineer) who can build and establish
dev-ops tools and processes at Instamojo.
If you choose to accept the mission, you’re expected to:
● Takeover the ownership of our existing infrastructure (in AWS) following the
Infrastructure as code philosophy.
● Maintain and improve our Card Data Environment (PCI DSS certified). Help us clear PCI
DSS & other security (re)certifications with flying colors.
● Adopt new architectures, re-design the infrastructure to solve problems we’ll be facing as
● Build tools, integrations and services to help engineering team, and automate
● Handle our infrastructure security. Be the 1st hacker to break our network defences, and
fix it. Leave no door open.
● Make our existing data stores (Kafka / Elasticsearch / Redis / Postgres / Redshift etc.)
more scalable and reliable.
● Implement new clusters as we scale up and are in need of them. It could be Cassandra
or Druid or Aerospace.
● And a lot more..
Primary tools or services you’ll be using:
● AWS (Who doesn’t?)
● Docker (All our services run inside Docker)
● Terraform (Infrastructure as code)
● AWS Lambda
● Postgresql, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch
● Some popular 3rd party services (integrated with our infrastructure)
● Python & Go for lots of scripting.
You’re a perfect fit if:
● You fixed an partial outage issue, but you can’t rest peacefully until you put safeguards
to prevent this from happening again.
● You try for perfect code, even though you know it's a myth. Because, you believe it's
about journey not the destination.
● You un-complicate things because simple things are easy to debug, maintain and fix.
● You’re lazy, so you build tools to do your job and you can continue being lazy.
What do we offer?
● You’ll be working in a tiny team, with lots of freedom, ownership and responsibilities.
● You’ll have the opportunity to lead the infrastructure efforts for a company with
enormous growth and scaling needs.
● We love open source. Open source contributions are part of the job. We welcome you
to contribute to open source world.
● The regular deal (Competitive pay, Stock Options, other paid benefits etc. etc.)
What does your resume include?
● Engineering education from a good college.
● Experience with public cloud (preferably AWS) for at least 2 years.
● Have dealt with scale problems at previous employers.