Reporting directly to the global CIO, this vice president is responsible for setting the vision and direction, enabling the enterprise to achieve strategic technology and business objectives. This role champions application development best practices and strategy within IT, is an advocate for the application teams, and accountable for maintaining an environment that attracts and retains top technical talent.
This role will ensure an efficient and supportable application landscape to match business and technical architectures, drive development and support efficiency, and ensure a stable application portfolio for the enterprise. This individual provides leadership, vision, and direction for the application development organization, ensuring support of the company's business objectives and requirements while providing innovative ideas and strategies as part of the overall delivery objectives
· Develop an overarching application development strategy maintaining close alignment to and support of strategic business objectives that keeps a well-considered balance across the company's enterprise-wide priorities
· Provide a long-term roadmap articulating a vision for the use of a multi-cloud environment that leverages an appropriate mix of on-premise, private cloud, and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
· Lead development of solutions to complex business problems while driving innovation and ensuring consistent incorporation and application of best practices
· Lead business and technical teams to ensure all projects meet strategic objectives, utilizing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies as is most appropriate to the initiative, and adhere to a well-defined software development life-cycle (SDLC)
Requirements, Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Bachelor's Degree; Information Technology or equivalent field or equivalent work experience;
· 9-12 years; Information Technology, Technical Application Development, or similar experience.
· Ability to continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
· Thorough blended knowledge and familiarity of traditional and contemporary programming languages: for example COBOL, RPG, .net, JAVA, React, React Native, AWS (full stack)
· Ability to develop and maintain relevant industry knowledge and best practices.
· Ability to foresee/ predict industry direction.
· Ability to lead multiple sub-teams through example and persuasion
· Ability to stay up to date on industry trends.
· Curiosity and aptitude for working within new technologies and partnering with others to create custom solutions to fit unique business needs, innovation and future strategy
· Experience in developing and managing multi-tier architecture applications.
· Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including web development, service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, test-driven development, and domain-driven design.
· Provides strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as proven management skills.
· Strong services-oriented architecture experience.