This person will lead in designing, maintaining, and enhancing the Special Markets database. He/she will work with management to prioritize business and information needs. The candidate will coordinate with US Group teams to assist in data and process improvements.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on quantitative modeling for the actuarial team, working closely with team members inside and outside the department
- Develop and maintain a technical skillset that includes data querying languages (e.g., SQL), scripting languages (e.g., Python), and MS productivity applications (Access, Excel, and VBA)
- Design, build and maintain predictive models based on US Group actuarial datasets (inclusive of data cleaning, model design, model development, and result validation)
- Design, develop and maintain business intelligence, reporting and dashboarding capabilities for actuarial and accounting teams
- Perform data quality assessments to identify ways in which the data quality might be improved
- Coordinate with IT to identify opportunities to improve and enhance data quality, data availability, analysis capabilities, and predictive techniques
- Work on analysis projects as needed
- Design and maintain Special Markets Database for Actuarial and Accounting use
- Coordinate data extract, transform, loading (ETL) activity planning and operation
- Integrate new programs/products/treaty years as needed
- Test system development and enhancements before the production release
- Assist with report generation and process automation.
- Collaborate with other departments and IT regarding integrations with other data and systems
- Develop automated processes for manual data tasks
- Improve models for self and US teams
- Collaborate with actuarial team members to improve their data processing efficiencies
- Assist with troubleshooting and fixing of models as issues arise
Accounting / Auditing / Ad Hoc
- Assist in Special Markets Audits as needed.
- Audit MGU data for errors and omissions, resolving issues if/when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned