The Data Architect will work with IT Management and Team members to provide a robust, scalable data architecture that meets the business goals of the organization.
The Data Architect will be accountable for the continuous improvement and optimization of the current data environment as well as help lead a data architecture strategy which will support an overall EA architecture. The plan will encompass data movement, integration, business intelligence, master data management, data capacity management, data lifecycle management, reporting, data security, data quality management, meta-data management, and enterprise content and knowledge management.
Job Duties to include the following:
- Continuing with the design and development of a flexible, scalable, and integrated data warehouse solution incorporating relevant and necessary data from across the organization into an industry-standard warehousing environment.
- Participation in requirement gathering, focusing on understanding and documenting the business processes and data requirements of those processes.
- Translating business needs into data and meta-data models.
- Management of data warehouse and data mart environments.
- Creation and maintenance of Logical and Physical Data Model diagrams.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, storing, cleansing, and transforming all data within the enterprise. This also includes methodologies, tools, governance frameworks, and design patterns.
- Working with project teams to implement processes which result in a high degree of data quality and integrity, and assists in the resolution of data quality issues from source systems.
- Construction of the database and database objects
- Maintaining a high level of competence, professionalism, and operations expertise while working through the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Understanding and managing the data access methods deployed by the Enterprise and ensuring there consistent and effective use.
- Staying abreast of significant technological developments that may impact the business
- Maintaining a high level of competency and knowledge of database, data warehouse, metadata, and data security concepts; and the practical application thereof as they relate to providing cost-effective business solutions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements to include the following:
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Years of Experience: 6 - 10 years as an Information and Data Architect
Special Requirements: Candidate must be able to demonstrate a solid background in database design, logical and physical for both 3NF and Dimensional architecture types. Relevant experience must include sophisticated data modeling, dimensional data design, data analysis, query optimization, and tuning.
- Solid understanding of service-oriented architecture, agile modeling, domain-driven design.
- Experience with data architecture modeling tools.
- Proven knowledge and experience with ETL tools (MS SQL, SSIS), data presentation frameworks, and data profiling tools.
- Substantial experience working in the IBM Cognos BI suite.
- Considerable experience working with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with data integration methodologies.
- Understanding of the basic EA concepts and EA theory, with an expertise in data architecture.
- Experience managing multiple data acquisitions that incorporated the acquisition data into real-time online systems.
- Proven track record of implementing and actively managing fundamental information architecture frameworks, methodologies, and architectures.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Very Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork and facilitation
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Substantial experience working in the IBM Cognos BI suite, Tableau, Business Objects.
- Secure, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics)
- Ability to work successfully in a global team environment
- Architect, design and build big data infrastructure platform, primarily based on Hadoop technologies, ensuring that the infrastructure is highly-available and secure
- Experience with MDM Solutions.