As a Communications Editor within the Communications and Content Departments of the Lausanne Movement, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the voice and messaging of our various publications, events, and initiatives. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications and Content, your primary responsibility will be to lead the development, editing, and refining of content to ensure clarity, consistency, and alignment with our mission and values. You will work closely with internal teams, external contributors, and international partners to craft compelling narratives, oversee editorial quality, and facilitate collaboration across our media
and communication platforms. Your meticulous attention to detail, creativity, and adherence to organizational guidelines and procedures will be key in conveying the vision of our global Christian mission.
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications and Content
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Content Strategists, Communications Coordinators,
Project Coordinator, Production Team
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Editorial Calendar: Oversee the editorial calendar of agreed-upon content and communications products, collaborating with the project coordinator and production team as needed.
- Enhance Communications and Content Quality and Quantity: Increase the quality and quantity of Lausanne content in alignment with the overall communications and content strategies.
- Coordinate with Staff and Contractors: Communicate and coordinate with internal staff and external contractors including writers, contributors, working together with the project coordinator and production team.
- Lead Writing, Editing, and Proofreading: Serve as the lead writer, editor, and proofreader of content and communications, ensuring alignment with the Lausanne Movement's overall voice and vision.
- Ensure Accuracy and Quality: Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure.
- Prepare Content for Production: Prepare content for production by writing and selecting content feature boxes, pull quotes, titles, kicker texts, web descriptions, and design notes to maximize engagement across platforms.
- Steward Lausanne Verbal Identity: Share in the stewardship of the Lausanne verbal identity.
- Diversify Authorship: Grow a wider base of authorship reflective of the diversity of the Movement.
- Maintain Editorial Style Guide: Oversee and maintain the Lausanne Editorial Style Guide for use by the Movement.
- Very organized and efficient, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Mastery of Chicago style (or similar) and experience managing a style guide.
- Able to manage and work efficiently within multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works flexibly and courteously in a heavily relational, cross-cultural organization.
- Ability to develop strategies within broader organization strategy.
- Awareness of current trends and opportunities in missions and in a global context.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and treating it with the security and respect required.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Relevant qualification in English, journalism, or communications.
- Follower of Jesus Christ
- Affirmation of The Lausanne Covenant
- Ability to interact sensitivity with people from diverse Christian theological
perspectives within the global Body of Christ, under the common
commitment of The Lausanne Covenant.
- Embraces the spirit of Lausanne described as a spirit of humility, friendship,
study, prayer, partnership, and hope
Payment will be arranged based on competencies and responsibilities and will be decided on an individual basis. Lausanne does not have direct employees so, the payment will be contract work with a business vendor or the prospective contractor will be employed through one of our partner organizations.
Remote working arrangement, with required availability at different times of the day for periodic calls with staff around the world. This position may require some international travel (10-15 nights per year).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please complete the application form below including the following:
- Your CV: Detailing your relevant experience, qualifications, and skills.
- Cover Letter: Explaining your interest in the role and how you align with the Lausanne Movement's mission and values.
- Writing Sample: Please include a writing sample of your work, not exceeding
ABOUT THE LAUSANNE MOVEMENT
Founded in 1974 following the First International Congress on World Evangelization, the Lausanne Movement has been serving the global church for nearly 50 years. Lausanne has a global leadership team of nearly 300 global mission experts, practitioners, and professionals who are committed to accelerating global mission toward a vision of the gospel for every person, disciple-making churches for every people and place, Christlike leaders for every church and sector, and kingdom impact in every sphere of society.